05 - The Patronus

Start from the beginning

"I told Serena here both of you should stay for dinner. Rey dear, why don't you give Draco here a tour of the house while we prepare" Draco looked at her confused at what her mom just called her. "Sure mum" she stood up and gestured for him to follow.

She led him to their backyard which had a mini garden and once she closed the door behind her he asked her jokingly, "Do your parents know you're living a double life?"

Serena smiled when she turned around to face him. She felt awkward when she looked at him in the eye so she quickly looked away and went down the steps. "When I was younger, I couldn't pronounce my name and that included some of my friends so they decided to call me Rey and it kinda stuck with my parents and some of my childhood friends. I don't know why though since my name is Serena and not Sereyna"

Draco smiled to himself as he pictured the young Serena trying to say her name. He just followed her from behind walking around their backyard. They were both silent and were just going around in circles. He knew she felt awkward and nervous because of what happened earlier, so he decided to lighten the mood. "While your backyard looks nice Collins, I'm pretty sure your mum told you to give me a tour of your house and not your backyard which we've circled twice already"

"Oh! I'm sorry, guess I got distracted. Come follow me let's go upstairs" Serena replied, unaware they've been walking in circles.

They went upstairs and she showed him the different rooms. He was excited to see her room but she just opened her room door for a second, immediately closed it back and quickly went down so that he didn't have time to complain. Smart.

They went back to the living room and took their seats on the comfy sofa. "My house isn't much compared to your manor for sure, but it's home," she said sheepishly, placing her hands behind her knees, a side he's never seen before.

"Trust me when I say that this is way better than the manor"

Serena wanted to ask why he thought so but something in his facial expression made her stop. It was a mixture of sadness and anger, and while she was curious why, it didn't seem the time to ask so she changed the subject. "What do you think happened back there? You think it's safe to go back?'

"I don't know. I hope it is, I don't know where Blaise, Pansy, Theo and Luna are but I'm sure their fine"

"Huh, now I wish I was there to witness Theo and Luna"

"Prepared to be weirded out.... Do you want to come the next time we meet up?"

"If that's alright with you and them, then yeah I would"

Draco smiled at the thought of her being there. If she would come along their meetings, then he wouldn't feel as left out and lonely.

Serena talked more about her childhood, so far he found out that she grew up in a happy and loving home, she had an older brother who was 7 years her elder, but is a muggle. Her family at first thought that their old house was possessed with things randomly moving on its own, resulting in them moving out and transfer to this house. But later on, found out that Serena was the one behind it and although they were shocked that such things exist they were very supportive of her and loved her no less. He realized then that he felt jealous. He has wealth and fame, yes, but what Serena has, was what he's always wished for. And no amount of money can buy that.

"My family has gotten used to the idea of owls as messengers..." She continued her story, "...but my dad is still a bit freaked out by them, while my brother is completely amazed by them and would urge me to write more so owls would go to him"

"Does your brother live here?"

"No. He now lives in Ireland, where he works"

"Was your brother ever jealous of you being a witch?"