Part 4

He gently pushes you onto your back, kissing your neck and then he whispers into your ear-

"Do you want to build a snowman?"

You push him away playful as you both burst into laughter. He got you good.

"Wait? Are you serious?" You ask gasping for air between laughs.

"Yeah! Why not?" He responds.

"What happened to 'don't make me wait much longer' when we were baking cookies?"

"You're worth the wait, love. There's always time for that tonight."

You walk to the park where the snow is deep and fresh. Tom balls up some snow in his hands, compacting it into a neat sphere.

"Don't even think about it, Holland," you warn.

A devilish smile creeps onto his face.

"Don't-" you start, but before you can even finish, he hits you with a snowball from point blank range. He laughs, but when his back is turned you exact your revenge, snow exploding against his coat. Tom acts like he's been shot, crumpling to the ground face-first in the snow with a dramatism that could win him an award. He groans like a dying animal, twitching a little until he is completely still.

"Alright, mister, we get it- you're a good actor. Now get up! It's time to make a snowman!"

He remains still as stone on the ground. You push him with your foot and he is limp. "Tom! Come on! Get up!" He still lags motionless in the snow. You kneel down next to him, snow soaking through your pants. You roll him onto his back, which is difficult because he's heavy and really committing to the death act. "Tom! You know I hate it when you die in movies! Why are you doing this to me now!" You say shaking his shoulders. "Tom you're lucky no one is around right now, otherwise they would seriously think your dead and wouldn't that be awful!" You see the smallest of micro smirks come across his face and then you had an idea. "Ok, sleeping beauty," and you kissed him. The second your helps connected with his, he wrapped his arms around you and swiftly rolled you onto your back in a sudden fiery of passion that surprised you. He broke away from your lips with a stupid smile on face, "I bet you didn't see that trick coming," he said. You rolled your eyes playfully and pulled him down by his scarf for another kiss.

The two of you start working on the snowman. It's a simple and traditional style snowman but it's cute. It was worth the cold fingers and rolling around in the wet snow. It's doing the silly little things that you miss when Tom is away. There is a certain level of intimacy in making something (even as a dumb as a snowman) together that just can't be recreated over Skype or text. The team work, the creative collaboration, the subtle touches that are completely unnecessary but just happen out of pure want of physical contact. The degree of closeness in every small interaction adds up, building a renewed kinetic chemistry between two separate organisms acting as one. A low burning coal, that slowly grows brighter and brighter with the capacity to fuel the furnace. Stepping back from your masterpiece, Tom gently rubs your back as you take a picture for your families and Instagram. The sun has disappeared behind the horizon but pastel hues still color the sky.

"Are you hungry, love?" He asks.

"Yeah, let's grab some dinner," you reply leaning your head against him as you gaze up and get lost in those deep brown eyes.