Chapter 1

PSA: Sexually abusive relationships aren't funny so fucking think before you leave a comment.

It's the fall of 1986. The large lab in Hawkins, Indiana has been abandoned for almost two years. The young boys are now the age of fifteen. Their old struggles behind them.

Will has never be the same. The Upside Down changed him. He still dreams of it, but he hasn't experienced a "now memory" since 1984. Eleven changed that. He is extremely grateful.

——

I stand at the edge of the hallway, hands spread out. I need to please Papa. It's the first time he's let me out since the incident at Hawkins Lab.

Papa's testing me. I will please him. I look at the terrified man who is tied to a chair across the hall. I reach into his mind.

A wicked smile pulls at my lips as he screams from pain.

I rearrange his mind. Picking out memories from his past and destroying them.

Blood drips from my nose and ears. My head throbs along with my heart beat. Through my blurry vision I can see the man squirming in the chair. I squeeze my eyes shut at the sight.

"I can't," I whimper.

"Try harder, 010!" Papa's voice echos over the intercom.

Tears make there way down my face, mixing with blood. I stand on shaky legs. I scream as I push my mind.

I grab the last of his memories: His wedding day, the first steps of his son, his first day working at the Lab. With one last breath I destroy them.

I fall to the floor. Blood drips from my nose, ears, and mouth.

The man from before is just an empty shell. All of his memories gone. He'll make new ones, but will never remember the ones he made before.

"Good job."

It is my first time ever removing someone's entire past from their minds. The next step will be killing them. I've never been able to kill someone with only my powers before.

I hear foot steps. I turn to see Papa in a nice suit. He bends down to my level and smiles.

"You're ready," I look up at him confused. He pulls me to my feet. "Get some sleep, you'll be leaving tomorrow morning."

——

Jane sleeps in her bed.

Hopper decided to buy a house to make Jane more comfortable. He still hasn't told her the truth about him. He doesn't want to scare her off.

Hopper walks up the stairs to her bedroom. He grips the door handle. He swings the door open and flips on the light.

"Hey, kid, time for school."

Jane shifts in her bed and covers her head with the blankets. Hopper sighs as he walks over to the edge of her bed. He grabs the end of her sheets and tears them off of her small body. She groans as the cold air washes over her.

Hopper laughs at her crazy hair. She sits up and scowls at him, though it only lasts a second before she giggles.

She swings her feet off the bed.

"Get out so I can change."

"Only if you promise you won't go back to sleep."

"I promise," Jane says as Hopper closes the door behind him.

She quickly grabs a white T-shirt, high waist pants, and a red jacket. After changing she grabs a pair of socks and runs down stairs.

Hopper is sitting at the kitchen table. Two plates are set up. Eggs and toast sit on them. In the center of the table a stack of eggos is piled high. Jane sits down and grabs a few eggos.

They eat in silence, but it wasn't awkward. Neither of them are very talkative.

Jane grabs her black converse and ties them up, while an eggo sticks out of her mouth. She jumps out of her chair and walks over to the front door.

"Bye," Hopper says from the other room.

"See you after school."

Jane grabs her bike from the garage and starts peddling down the street. After a few minutes she arrives at Mike's house. He is already outside waiting for her.

"Hey, El...," he says as a blush rises up his cheeks.

"Hi."

Lucas, Dustin, and Will pull into the driveway after a few seconds of silence. They see the two staring at each other.

"How are you, Jane?" Will asks, making the two turn their heads to see him.

"I'm good," she smiles at the three boys.

They all head off to school on their bikes.

A/N: I call 011 Jane because I believe that she would prefer to be called Jane. The name 011 brings back old memories, so she prefers to be called Jane. PTSD. Also, this is set after season 2 and doesn't include anything from season 3. Oh, and all these sex jokes about an abusive relationship is honestly getting on my nerves. Please stop making those comments.

-geekywriter15