Chapter 1 - The New Girl

Peter's POV

Ned and I were walking to school together talking about Star Wars. We have been super excited for the new movie since we saw The Force Awakens. We knew there would be a new movie after the movie came out.

We made it to school on time. We walked into the building heading to our lockers. I was standing at my locker when all of a sudden I saw her.

Y/N POV

I woke up early to avoid my parents. My mom is a drug addict and my father is a drug addict and alcoholic. They both do the hardcore drugs. They abuse me a lot when they are high or drunk. It's now 5:30 in the morning. I climbed out of bed and as quiet as a mouse, I walked downstairs to make myself breakfast and lunch.

The reason why we moved to Queens was so my parents had easier access to the drugs. I heard about Spiderman through the news, so I was hoping my parents didn't get caught by him. I didn't need the drama of the police at my door.

After I finished my breakfast I went upstairs and finished getting ready. I put on a Linkin Park t-shirt, some jeans, a large hoodie to cover my wrists which are covered in scars, I put on my Nike shoes, grabbed my phone, earbuds, and my backpack before leaving. I walked in silence listening to music and ignoring everyone. I got into school and was immediately stared at. I must have that new girl smell. Or the smell of drugs and alcohol.

I stared at the ground until I finally had the courage to look up. I passed by this guy. He was honestly really cute. He had this short brown hair and hazel eyes that shimmered. He looked like a geek honestly. I walk past him on my way to the office.

I get to the office and asked for my schedule. I waited for a little and watched as the boy from the hall walks in and the principal walks in as well. "Y/N, meet Peter Parker. You have a lot of classes, including lunch, with him. He will give you a tour of the building and take you to your first class." I looked at Peter and smiled my beautiful fake smile. The principal handed me my schedule and I followed Peter out of the office.

"So...where did you move here from?" Peter asked. "I moved here from Virginia. My parents had a business and they wanted to expand." I half lied. We did move from Virginia, but the only business my parents owned was the drug business. Peter showed me all the various subjects and classrooms for our grade before we reached Chemistry class, which is my favorite subject.

We walked into the class and everyone looked at us. "Where are you two coming from?" the teacher asked. "Mr. Grande, Y/N is new to the school and the principal wanted me to give her a tour," Peter explained. I looked at the teacher and gave him a slight wave with a small smile. "Alright, Y/N, you can sit next to Peter." I saw Peter's face light up with a smile as he went to take his seat. I sat down next to him. In front of us was a boy with black hair. I couldn't make out his other features as well, nor did I care.

After about half an hour the bell rings signaling everyone to go to their next class. I gathered up my notebooks and whatever else I had and put it all in my backpack. I was walking past the kid that was sitting in front of Peter and I. I don't know how this happened, but as I was walking past him I fell flat on my face and sleeves kind of rolled themselves up. I immediately rolled them back down before anyone could see the scars on my wrist.

I got up and gathered up my notebooks that flew out of my hand. The kid that was sitting in front of us was laughing then said, "walk much loser?" I ignored him and walked out of the classroom listening to everyone else laugh at me. Peter must have followed me because I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me jump a little.

"Are you okay Y/N? Flash has been my bully for as long as I can remember. I'm sorry if he gets you involved." He gave me a worried, but caring look. I looked into his hazel eyes and nodded, "I'm alright, nothing I haven't dealt with before." He gave me a confused look, but he must have shrugged it off cause he started walking towards his locker. I followed him. Then realized I didn't know where my own locker was. "Peter, where is my locker?" "What is your locker number?" I looked at my schedule, "117," Peter pointed to the locker across the hall, "it's right there." I smiled and went over to my locker.

I opened up my locker using the locker combination on my schedule. I put my notebooks that I didn't need in the locker and walked over to Peter. "What's our next class?" He looked at his schedule then at mine. "English. After English is lunch." "Alright, we have those together right?" "Yes, you can just shadow me most of the day until you have your art class." "Okay."

Time skip to lunch

I was walking from English to lunch. It's a good thing I packed my lunch because the lunch line was really long. I sat down in a corner on the floor not knowing where else to sit and I ate my lunch in peace. That was until the kid from Chemistry class, I think his name is Flash, walked over to me.

I was eating my peanut butter sandwich (if you are allergic to peanut butter than you pick the type of sandwich) when Flash walked over to me. He ha a group of other boys with him, so I didn't know what to do. "Hey lose, what are you doing on the floor?" I looked up at him but put my head back down. He kicked me in the stomach, hard. "I'm talking to you loser!" I curled up in a ball to cover my stomach, but I felt someone lift me up off the ground and press me against the wall. One of Flash's friends was holding me while Flash punched me and beat me. A teacher ran over and grabbed Flash and his friends and left the cafeteria.

I fell to the ground and laid there. Peter ran over to me with this fat Asian guy following him. Peter slid down next to me and sat me upright. I leaned back against the wall. "How bad is my face?" I asked Peter. He examined it, "your lip is bleeding and your eye is gonna be bruised, but otherwise you're still beautiful." A smile worked its way onto his face. I tried to smile but ended up looking down at the ground instead. Peter hugged me. It was gentle and kind. I've never felt a hug like that before. I hugged him back just the same. Afterwards he introduced me to Ned and us sit together for the rest of lunch.

After lunch we followed  the rest of the schedule as normal . After school I walked home to my abusive parents.