Just Another Normal Day

Start from the beginning

Gambit immediately turns around, looking the team over. We've got Magma, an X-Man, who can turn her body into lava and make fault lines appear on the ground, Husk, a student, who can shed the first layer of her skin and have a new one appear underneath, Psylocke, an X-Man, who has telepathic powers and can create a telepathic katana, Pixie, a student, who has teleportation powers and wings and can create vivid illusions, Oyo, a student, who can create fire and ice and the youngest mutant to survive M-Day, and Gambit, and X-Man, who can change potential energy into kinetic energy, which basically means he can blow things up.

And, of course, who could forget me: Sang Summers, aka Messiah, a student who doesn't even go here, a mentally fucked up telepath with the ability to steal others' powers and the so-called "Mutant Messiah" who is just really a whole body full of fail. What a catch.

"Right," Gambit said, chewing on his bottom lip thoughtfully. "They've got Storm, Kid Omega, Boom Boom, Shadowcat, Wolfsbane, Transonic, and Velocidad. We're goin' to go pretty basic with our approach, and each of us will take one of them. Oyo, you have Boom Boom, Husk, you have Transonic, Pixie, you have Velocidad, Messiah, you have Kid Omega, Magma, you have Wolfsbane, Psylocke, you have Storm, and I have Shadowcat."

I should probably have a better codename than "Messiah", I thought bemusedly to myself, watching intently as Gambit hammered down our plan of attack, his mind a frenzy of different attacks. "The easiest to take down will be Boom Boom, so Oyo, you're gonna be our back up gal. Help anyone who needs help, and go for the flag." The young girl gulped, but nodded anyway, a look of determination on her face. "And Sang," Gambit sighed, turning towards me, a look of amused frustration on his face. "Just cause Quentin tried to-"

"'-kill me doesn't mean I have to try and kill him,'" I mocked, rolling my eyes and giving him a smile. "Relax, Uncle Remy, you don't have to worry about a thing. I won't maim, kill, or hurt him. I'll just humiliate him," I added.

Pixie snorted, giving me a dubious look. "Sang, I saw the way you were glaring at him earlier," she said, raising a pink eyebrow.

I waved her off, tugging at the sleeve of my uniform. "I'm not going to hurt him, I promise," I said, widening my eyes to give me an innocent look. At least not too severely, I added in my head, starting as a siren went off.

"Time starts now! May the best team win!" Wolverine's voice boomed over the speakers, making my ears ache. Gambit signaled, and we all started running towards the flag in the middle of the room.

It seemed like Kid Omega had the same idea as we had, as he rushed towards me, his stupid platinum quiff flapping as he ran. I reached out with my power and mimicked Psylocke, a blade of pure energy, before reaching down and pulling out a weapon of Quentin's own invention: a psychic shotgun.

His brown eyes went wide as he slowed down, trying to back up. Surprise, bitch, I whispered, caressing his mind before digging into it with psychic talons, disrupting his thought process. He fell to the ground with a scream of surprise, his hands clutching his head. I stalked up to him, my hands burning from the weapons I held in my hands.

He looked up at me, his eyes murderous. "Logan said not to hurt anyone," he spits. I shrugged, pressing my boot against his ribs and pushing him onto his back, Kid Omega groaning as I was grinning.

"Well," I said, crouching down beside him, pressing the barrel of the psychic gun against his forehead. "Maybe next time, don't fuck with the wrong bitch."

And with that, I pulled the trigger.

~~~

The first part of my day was over. We won, and I got to punch Storm- which was awesome. Most of my days went like that. I'd teleport to the Jean Grey Institute with Blink or Illyana, spend the first half of my day learning ethics and history and teamwork and compassion for humans, and then I'd train with a team, instead of learning how to fight by myself. Then, Illyana and Scot- my dad would arrive and I would witness the most awkward three minutes of my life as Dad would talk to Logan and Ororo, two former teammates, about my progress, and then would turn his back without a word and gesture to me silently and we'd disappear in a flash of light.