Guilty as charged

Dedicated to KiaraMj5

Ishika's POV :

I was still at Rohan's place, contently eating the pasta that Aunty made for us. "Mmm. Aunty, its yummy like always. I guess I should be coming here more often. I've been missing on so many yummy treats these days."

Aunty smiled hearing that "You definitely should. I feel like I'm seeing you after ages. I'll get some more for you." So saying, she left the room, while I eat another mouthful of the yummy pasta.

Rohan shook his head at me "Where do you have time for us now Ishu!" He grunted in a low voice, but I somehow heard it.

"What? Why are saying like that? " I snapped my head towards him.

He looked up to me "What else do I say yaar? We hardly get to see you these days. Coming home and eating with us is a faraway story."

I narrowed my eyes at me. What the hell has got into him! "Rohan! What's it that you're trying to say?"

He looked at me for some time, and shook his head smiling bitterly "You won't understand." He said getting up from the bed.

I grabbed his hand "Hey! You can't leave like that. Answer me."

He turned towards me, locking our eyes for some moments. I thought I saw something deep in his eyes. Some feelings, which I cant put my finger on. "You really want to know?"

I nodded my head in a yes, still trying to figure out what's going on in this crazy mind of his.

He relaxed his muscles back, sighing deeply. "I've been missing you Ishu. Like, Really missing you!"

"Missing? But I'm right here in front of you. And that too 24*7!"

He looked down, again giving a crooked half smile "I told you, you wont understand. Chuck it."

He again got up from the bed and stood near the window. "Hey!" I walked towards him and put my hand on his shoulder "What happened Rohan? Did I something so wrong that it hurt you?" From his expressions, I could sense that this was definitely something serious. Also, I've noticed there's a sudden change in his behaviour since the past few days. He dosen't even talk much and keeps just to himself.

He bit his lower lip up and shook his head. Then added "Its not like that. But if you really want to know, just answer me something; when is the last time you remember that we played liked today? Forget playing, when is the last time that we talked properly like before? Yes you are in front of me 24*7 but I can't even talk to you properly now b'cause your boyfriend dosent like seeing me with you. I wait for you for hours together and all I get to hear is I'm with Sachin. Like, if you're with him, you should at least let me know rather than make me wait like an idiot! Its sometimes - so frustrating! And you know what's more frustrating? You - my best friend - never seem to notice how would I be feeling when you leave me alone like that!"

A pang of guilt passed through me hearing his words. I actually never thought about this. His tone was soft throughout but I could clearly hear the hurt in his voice. His gaze was now turned out of the window.

"Rohan. I never realized you felt this way. Honest to God, I never in my life want you to feel  like this. And that too, because of me. But dumbo, you should've told me before na!"

"What do I tell you before Ishika? Sachin dosent even like me talking to you now. And I honestly don't want to come between the two of you. Its just that I.."

"What are you saying silly?" I grabbed his arm turning him around "Don't even dare to think you're coming in between me and Sachin. Yaa he's special to me but so are you. And trust me, no one can ever take your place in my life. Not even Sachin. I know he sometimes reacts in weird way around you but that's how he thinks. Not me! And more than anything, I'm feeling so guilty now for making you feel like this! I'm so.. so sorry! I'm such an idiot!" I smacked my head in disgust!

Rohan grabbed my hand "Hey! Dont do that. Its not your fault. I.. uh.. Let it be. Chuck it."

"You're not angry with me na?" I asked looking at him with hopeful eyes.

He moved his hand smilingly over my hair "Can I ever be? In fact, I'm sorry if I said something extra. But you know, I was really frustrated. And I needed to get that out."

I smiled seeing the million dollar smile back on his face and hugged him tight "Its ok dumbo! And I don't think you were wrong in any way. I guess, I just need to balance things out in a better way."

My phone beeped indicating a message. I broke the hug and got seated on the bed, looking at my phone screen.

'Where are you babe?' - Sachin.

'At Rohan's place'  - I typed, but edited it soon before sending - 'At my cousin's place. Ttyl.'

Actually Rohan is not completely wrong. Sachin somehow does react very weirdly when I say anything about Rohan to him. And I seriously dont want him to tell me for the umpteenth time that he felt jealous and again apoloize and again repeat! 

"Come then, lets make up for it. Wanna play video games?" I chirped to him while his face brightened. "Sure. If you so much to lose."

"Ha! You wish! I never lose!" I bragged. 

"Haha. We'll see!" He said, getting up to remove the age-old video game, that he still had preserved.

I took the empty pasta plates to the kitchen, while he set up the game.

"All set?" I said, plopping back on a chair. Rohan offered me a joystick and himself took another and got seated.

"Contra!" He said, pressing the buttons on the joysticks. I pouted "No! Mario!"

Till then, he had already started the 'Contra' game and set it to 2 players mode. He turned to a scowling me, challenging me to the game "Ready to lose?"

I straightened myself back on the seat. Not today at least! I've been playing this game since I was a kid but never won against him. "Don't brag so much you dumbo! Today I'll win!"

He laughed at my face "Haha. I've been hearing that since we were 5!! Keep dreaming!"

And then, everything returned back to normal.

**********************

Ah! This so much reminded me of the good old dayz. Like back then we had only a handful of games and My God! they were sooooooo addictive. I can play any of those easily even today! And win them too!!! And No challenging me AT ALL in Mario! Its my Ultimate favorite! Today's games, there are sooooooooo many, but very few are gripping!

So taking about the olden video games, which one's your favorite? My vote definitely goes to MARIO! 

And oyeee... think about the games but don't forget to Vote/Comment on the chapter! Kya yaar! Har baar yaad dilana padta hai!!!! :P :P ;)