“How do you want the patty?”

I turned to Seth linking my eyes with his, “Raw.”

“I’m sorry?” she asked leaning closer.

I smiled at her politely. “Medium will be fine.”

She rolled her eyes. “Okay. Anything else?”

“Nope.” I said popping the ‘p’ and shooting her an overly cheerful smile. It apparently freaked her out because she speed walked away from me, her blonde ponytail again doing that swishy thing. Back and forth. Back and forth. Yup, still hypnotizing.

“So this is a date, huh?” Seth rasped, still recovering.

Jeeze, he could recover from a fatal wound in ten minutes but a little iced tea down the wrong tube and he still sounded like he was dying. If Seth was anything to go by male werewolves were big ole wimps.

I shrugged. “I guess. I mean this is only my second date ever. Isn’t it weird to think that it was in this very diner?”

Seth growled under his breath, “Yeah well this one will be better.”

“Will it now?”

He grinned. “Of course, love, this date is with me and you know they’ll be a goodnight kiss and if you’re feeling generous a bit more than that later on.”

I mentally smirked, he just opened the door and I was going to slither in. Since Seth and I had yet to mate, though heavy petting and other…alternatives were ever present in our little pow wows we never sealed the deal. I wasn’t ignorant enough to not notice how antsy he was getting about the subject so this was my perfect opportunity to get him riled up. And riling Seth up was too fun to pass up. He was simply too easy. I just smiled slightly at him and waited until he went to take another drink of his iced tea before I decided to pull out the big guns. If this horny little mutt wanted to get raunchy then we would, he just needed to know what he had started.

“Baby is that your nice way of asking if you can get in my pants?” I asked sweetly.

It worked as planned to because he immediately spit his iced tea across the table. I burst out laughing dropping my head onto the only dry part of the table and laughing so hard I was sure my gut would split. His face was a picture. His green eyes wide in surprise as he tried desperately to keep the tea in his mouth before spewing it all over like an elephant on a hot day.

In summary, it was priceless.

“Jesus, Sylvie.” He coughed, “Do you have to do that when I’m drinking every time?”

I grinned at him still chuckling. “You're just too easy.”

“Is that a no?”

I raised an eyebrow at his sudden deflation. “Was that a serious proposal of sex?”