Chapter Fifteen {Seth POV} *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014 

*Song Of The Chapter: "Demons" By Imagine Dragons

 The Ever Charming Seth To The Right---}

Chapter Fifteen: She Walks In Beauty.

*Seth*

I love Sylvie Marie Marcum.

I wish I could say I had an epiphany or some shit but the truth was that I had always known that. Since I first spotted her I loved her. Sure the loved morphed as she got older and I got older. Now it was love and lust swimming around my head every time I looked at her.

Even now, as we stood before the snarling weakling, Newman she made me mad for her. She was dressed in a green sundress, her pale skin on display and her long copper hair braided over her shoulder with her bangs tickling the apples of her cheeks. Fuck, it was intoxicating just watching her stand there.

As creepy as it seemed I often found myself watching her sleep. Watching as she slept sprawled across the bed, limbs splayed out while her chest rose and fell as she lightly snored. I often had to refrain from touching her, wanting to give her space and not wanting to overwhelm her with my…. everything.

“Let me go!” Newman roared yanking on the chains Sylvie had wrapped him in.

Suddenly back in the moment, I shook my head. “Not going to happen.”

“You won’t kill me.” He scoffed but I could smell the fear in his scent.

Good, he should be scared. First Ethan, his pack member disrespected my mate and myself by trying to lure her away with false promises. Then him and his band of idiots break into my mate’s home and attempt to harm her. Yeah, he should be scared. Normally I wasn’t this violent but when it came to Sylvie I was ruthless. She was the only thing I cherished and anyone attempting to harm her, be that emotionally or physically, was dead in my mind.

I shot him a wicked smile. “Try me, Newman. I’d love to see how far you get with those chains on. Tell me how bad does it burn?”

“Fuck you!” he raged, spit falling from his mouth.

His wolf was so close to the edge it was insane he was still able to speak. I relished in the sight. That was until I remembered Sylvie was in the room. She wasn’t used to this kind of brutality. She grew up in protection and isolation. Was she scared?

Sure, she had coped well with the sudden body count. She had even hid Ethan’s body next to Trent’s headless corps in a flowerbed. I remember how detached she felt as she looked at the tulips masking their corpses. Did I make her that way? Were my trail of sudden violence and very appearance in her life the reason she questioned her morality? Dipping into her confusing mind did little to temper down any growing guilt.

Then the thought hit me. The idea was painful and knee buckling as it ravaged my brain. It was so painful to me that I almost couldn’t hear my wolf’s snarling resistance in my head. Sure, he had been the one who brought me to Sylvie but now it was me who was so purely attached to her. It was gut-wrenching but still in lingered in my mind.