Ch. 7

Morgana and I sat together as we waited for Gaius to come back. We haven't been able to see Arthur simply because he wasn't leaving his father's side and we figured it be best to let him have time with him. I couldn't believe what Gaius had told us. I always resented Uther, but I never wanted him to die. Knowing he is very ill and Arthur is hurting, made me want to go in there and comfort him. To be by his side as well as Uther's.

Morgana had been rather silent but I didn't understand why. She looked shocked, frightened, hurt.

"Are you okay?"

She looked up at me and she nodded, "Yes. It's just...no matter what, Uther is my father. And he's dying."

"Isn't that what you wanted?"

She stayed silent and after a second she simply nodded. But I knew it wasn't the truth.

"Do you want to see him?"

She looked at me as she thought of an answer.

¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

I was afraid. I had no reason to be but I was. I sighed as I looked around and made sure nobody was around. Morgana was hiding waiting for me to call her. I nibbled on my lip as I knocked on the door. I waited patiently though it felt like I'd been waiting for hours. The door opened and I looked at Arthur as he looked back at me. He tried to close to door but I quickly stopped him.

"Please just...listen to me." I begged.

He didn't say a word as he just watched me as if waiting for me to cast some spell. He opened the door and stepped aside.

"Thank you."

I walked in and he closed the door.

"You have 2 minutes."

I flinched inwardly at how harsh he was being with me. He was so rushed to get me out of his life.

"Arthur, you're in danger. Believe it or not. That is the reason I came back. If you don't believe me, you could ask Morgana. She was the one that had the dream-"

"Wait," he cut me off, "You're saying I'm in a danger because of a dream?" he scoffed.

I furrowed my brows, annoyed at him, "Just listen!" he raised his brows but stayed silent, "Morgana has a power. She's a seer, so she sees the future but with her they come in a form of a nightmare. And she saw you dying. We couldn't let that happen, so we both came back."

It was his turned to be annoyed.

"How long has she been here?!"

"She just arrived today. She knows who the killer is. Arthur, we just want to protect you. The killer is a druid. He got into my head and told me himself that we couldn't stop you from dying, but Morgana and I know other wise. Just please...trust us."

We were both quiet, neither one of us said anything. Once again it was like we were afraid to speak. Arthur sighed and he rubbed his eyes. He shook his head, resting his hands on his hips as he looked at me. He licked his lips.

"Time's up."

I furrowed my brows. Was he being serious? Was he actually timing me?

"Go, Merlin."

I shook my head, "Fine. I'll go. But let Morgana see Uther."

He chuckled, "No way."

"He's ill. He's her father. She has a right."

"No she does not!"

"She does!"

"Get out!"

I couldn't help but look at him in disbelief. I shook my head at his words and actions. This wasn't the Arthur I once knew. I couldn't help the words that escaped my mouth.