Chapter Two

*Two weeks later*

Jack's POV:

Ever since I spoke to Bunny in the tunnels, we've been hanging out a lot more than usual. I had originally thought that he didn't want to have anything to do with me, but I guess I was wrong.. I was deep in thought when he burst into the hallway I was in, looking more stressed than usual.

"What's making you so aggravated, Ast? I can practically feel the nerves coming from you..." I say in the nicest tone I can manage, but he must have thought I wasn't trying to be polite.

"What's it to you, huh?" He snaps, making me wince, his Australian accent coming out thick.

"There it is..." I mumbled as I started to walk out of the corridor, ignoring his question on purpose. I felt his paw on my shoulder, stopping me from leaving. "Oi, I didn't mean it like that, Jacky. I just 'ave a lot on my mind right now." He said, trailing off at the end. When I didn't respond, he sighed. "I'm sorry, I really am..." He removed his paw from my shoulder and it occurred to me that I should have said something, anything, but I was too late. I turned to see a single daffodil sticking out of the seamless granite floor. I sat down in front of the yellow wonder and put my face in my hands.

When did I become such a screw up?

(I don't know, but maybe you deserved that..)

Maybe I did...

{A/N: I am really sorry if the rest of this POV is horrible, because my computer randomly decided to turn off without asking me first. It really pissed me off, and I started sobbing because I had lost the rest of the POV. I also thought that my computer had crashed and was gone forever... Luckily, we're okay now!! Here's what I tried to come up with to make up for it. Hope everyone likes it! ;~;}

Jack, are you alright?" I heard Tooth ask from beside me. I jumped because frankly, she scared the shit out of me. I didn't even hear her come in. Years of practice, I guess...

"Oh, hey Tooth." I started, "Yeah, I'm fine. He was just in one of his moods again..." I looked for my staff. There it was, lying beside her. I went to get it, but I didn't get far. She held my face in her hands, and stared into my eyes like she was trying to solve a 100-year old puzzle.

"You're crying... Why?" She said softly, as though her voice could break me.

"I'm crying?" I asked, for I hadn't noticed the tears rolling down my face.

She chuckled lightly, rolling her eyes. "Duh," She said in a soft tone and wiped off one of the tears, "What did you think these were?" She held it up on her tiny finger where I could see it, and I made a face. I had never really liked to cry... Crying definitely wasn't my favorite thing in the world. The tears usually froze on me, anyways. Literally. I stuck my tongue out at her, making her laugh, and we didn't stop until our lungs were about to burst from the lack of air. She sighed, "You're going to be okay, and I'm here if you need me, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, and she went back to join everyone in the globe room.

I stood up and stumbled, narrowly missing the flower that Bunny had left behind. Tears started to form again, but I wiped them away before they could betray me.

"Well, I can't just leave you here like this, now can I?" I trailed off, looking around for an idea. Then I remembered. I had done this a few times before, but it didn't usually work. Gently, I knelt down next to the wonderful tragedy and blew, forming an even layer of frost around it. That should do it. Now, it won't be hurt by the harsh elements...

(At least you can do something right. Oh wait, never mind. You missed a spot.)

I quickly covered the flower again, and stood, ignoring the nagging criticism that my mind had towards my work. After checking my face in a nearby mirror to make sure my eyes weren't puffy, I rejoined the other guardians.

North looked up as I entered the room. "Ah, Jack. Glad you could make it. We were just talking about..." But I didn't hear anymore, I just sat down in the corner of the room. I really couldn't keep my focus on anything. He didn't seem fazed by it; actually, he didn't seem to notice at all. Tooth and Sandy weren't in the room, so no one was there to watch me constantly. They were the only two who ever noticed anything, and even then, Tooth Fairy rarely ever noticed, what with all the nightly rounds to be done. I was honestly surprised when she came to check on me, usually she's too busy. I eventually dozed off, and fell asleep, dreaming of nothing and everything at the same time.

NORTH'S POV:

A door opened to my left, and I looked up to see who it was. Not that I would need to, that amount of cold is unmistakable... I grinned at the snowy haired teenager.

"Ah, Jack. Glad you could make it. We were just talking about some plans for Christmas, so you can... Just, make yourself at... Home... I guess..." I stopped as I watched his make his way to a corner, not really listening to me... After heaving a sigh, I continued with the topic at hand. I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He fell asleep, and I felt bad for the poor lad. Tooth had told me about what she had heard and seen, so I was a little afraid at how the boy was going to react. He tossed and turned in his sleep, and eventually, I picked him up and carried him to the couch in the far corner of the room, away from the noise of the workers. I noticed that he looked peaceful while he slept; a change from the downed mood he usually portrayed nowadays. I better let him get some rest; they need me back over there anyways... As I walked back, I heard him mumble something, but I could only make out one word. Bunny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, did you like it?

Did it bring the feels train into the station?

I think I did pretty good, seeing as how that one part got lost.

Anyways, I hope you liked it; I finished this early so that I'd have a couple of days to add to it.

Maybe edit any mistakes that I may find in the nearby future.

It's actually May 18, 2014 at this moment, and it just turned to 11:08 PM.

Other than doing this, I watched the first two seasons of Doctor Who over the weekend, and I started reading The Fault In Our Stars, so I felt like you may want some references from that.

Yeah, that's all for now.

See you later, killjoys, rebels, young bloods, etc. ;)