The Adventures Up Ahead Ch. 12

Start from the beginning

"Well," Mom started. "While you were packing, I did a little research on Alola, and it turns out that they don't have much phones over there. They have TVs and all, but not many phones, so u won't be able to call them a lot."

"Huh?" I said. "B-but! I-I!" I groaned and slumped into my chair.

I wouldn't be able to call my friends and let them know that I was in Alola. At least they have phones though. Whenever I see one, I'll call them immediately. But they have TVs right? I could still watch Serena's contests...

I sighed. Over the speakers, a voice came on. "Attention all passengers," the pilot said. "We are about to launch. Please buckle your seatbelts. Thank you and enjoy the ride." 

The plane started rumbling a little bit and it moved forward. When it launched into the sky, I felt like I was being thrown back into my seat. Pikachu squeaked in alarm. I turned my head to the window and looked outside. The runway and everything on it was getting smaller and smaller, until you couldn't see a thing.

As we kept flying over the lands and seas, I sighed.

Alola here we come.

Serena's POV

"So then, all of a sudden, Ash's stomach grumbling broke the silence and we all started laughing." Dawn said.

"Haha!" May laughed. "Yeah, he does do that a lot!"

It was an afternoon, two days after the Slateport City Pokemon Contest. We were sitting down eating lunch and just talking. Dawn kept talking about her time traveling with Ash and May kept laughing and agreeing whenever Ash did something dumb. Drew kept eating, but from time to time would glance over at May.

"Hey Serena," Dawn suddenly said. "Have you ever fought with Ash before?" She asked.

"Yeah. Actually, me and Ash fought many times before." May said.

"I know right? Me and him too. It's so easy to get into an argument with him." Dawn said.

"U-uh... W-we have... But it was only once. Not exactly a fond memory." I studdered.

"What did you fight about?" Drew surprisingly asked. He had been quiet this whole time.

I sighed. "Fine." I took a deep breath to prepare for a (somewhat) long story. Dawn, May and Drew straightened, very interested.

"Alright. Before Ash got his 8th gym badge in the Kalos region, he had become a little... umm, discouraged. He had a pokemon battle with his friend and lost. He suddenly went out of it because his pokemon got really hurt and he blamed it on himself. That night, he decided to go out to clear his mind and asked everyone not to follow him. The next morning he wasn't back so I got worried. Then I went out to look for him." I stopped.

"And?" May asked. All their eyes were on me expectantly.

"The gym he was  going to challenge was in Snowbelle City, so there was snow everywhere. When I found him, he was sitting on a log deep in thought. When I called out to him, he looked at me but then pulled down his hat and apologized for not coming back. I told him that if something was bothering him that he could tell me, like how he helped me. I told him that I knew how he felt and then suddenly... he got mad at me and told me that I didn't know how he felt. Then I got mad too and told him to tell me. He told me to leave him alone and I... I just broke... I threw a snowball at his back when he wasn't looking, and I said some... pretty mean stuff at him. I threw two more snowballs at him and then ran off crying..." I trailed off.

Flashback~

"Ash!" I called out to him after finding him. He sat on a fallen log and was thinking. I smiled, panting since I ran the whole way here.