"Desperate times, I take it?" Klaus asks Caroline as I step back into the room. She gives me a glare, "What is he doing here?" she questions. Yeah, Caroline is still pretty mad after he drove Tyler out of town.

"Actually, I didn't come to clean." I say, throwing the empty trash bag onto the table filled with cups. "I didn't know about the party until earlier today," I step down the few steps and stand next to Klaus. "Stefan sent us."

"She's right." Stefan says, stepping out of nowhere and into the room where we are all located. "So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood, or were you the exception?" Klaus says while pouring himself a drink.

I went to do the same, but he stops me with a smirk while shaking his head. I huff, crossing my arms and listen on with the conversation.

"It's not Elena." Stefan says as he eyes us both.

"Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects me." Klaus states and I raise my eyebrows. "Look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the Other Side." Stefan tells him and Klaus smirks, "How Shakespearian."

"But if he destroys the Other Side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side." Stefan explains and I nod, taking all this in. Even the supernatural creatures I killed.

"That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire. I wonder how many of those you personally killed. Care yet?" Caroline asks with a hint of sarcasm.

Klaus smiles, "My interest is piqued," he turns to Stefan, "How do we stop him?"

"Bonnie said Silas needs to complete three massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the Council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him."

§

It was now nighttime and I sit quietly next to Klaus as Stefan and Caroline roam around looking at books in Professor Shane's office. I close the current book I was ready and plop it down on the desk in front of me, not finding any information in it.

Klaus' hands grazes over mine and soon puts his hand over mine. My eyes flutter up to his, but he's already staring back at me. I give him a small smile, him returning one as well.

"What are we even looking for?"

I snap out of my gaze once Caroline's voice hit the silent room. "Well, if Shane really was working with Silas, chances are he was helping him plan his next move." Stefan replies.

"Where, on his evil villain to-do list? 'Steal blood, perform 3 massacres, pick up dry cleaning'?" Caroline asks sarcastically. Klaus chimes in, "Actually, not to nit-pick, but we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry cleaning, that sort of thing."

Caroline scoffs and turns to Stefan. "Why is he necessary again?" Stefan sighs, "Well, we don't know what Silas can do, so if we do have to go head to head with him, an Original hybrid who can't die might come in handy."

"Besides, Stefan and I work well together, or at least we did in the twenties." Klaus states, smirking as usual. Stefan gives him a look, "Well, granted my emotions were off."

Klaus smirks, "And that's why you were more fun, just as Damon is probably relishing in Elena's emotionless company in New York."

Stefan shakes his head, trying to convince him. "My brother knows what he's doing."