09

I step out of the shower, shivering slightly when the hot air escapes as soon as I open the curtains. My fingers get ahold of my white towel and I quickly dry myself before wrapping it around my body.

I open the door that connects to my room and enter it with a sigh. I was supposed to meet up with Alaric earlier to practice more of my hunting skills but lately I haven't been up to it so, I completely bailed on him.

Klaus has been on my mind nonstop since that night he threatened to kill me. As much as I don't want to admit it, I can see why he chose to do something like that. For some reason, it hurts knowing my days with him are over but I can't pinpoint the reason.

"Cute fit," A voice startles me and I gasp in surprise. I hold tightly on my towel and bring it closer to my body. "Damon? Wh-What are you doing in here? Get out."

"I totally would but I have a lot to discuss with you, Miss Gilbert." he tells me with a grin. I gulp, staring at him in shock. "Can I at least change? How did you even get in here?"

"You should really keep your doors locked, you know, incase intruders sneak in." he says and then turns his entire back on me, "Go ahead and put your clothes on. I won't peak."

I roll my eyes at him and go to my drawers to fetch undergarments and clothing. Instead of changing in my bedroom like I initially planned on doing, I went straight to the bathroom and closed the door right behind me.

"I said I had a lot to discuss." I head Damon's voice say aloud from the other side of the door. "You can wait three minutes, Damon." I yell back, throwing on my shirt and slipping on my jeans before entering my bedroom again.

When I come back, Damon is laying on my bed with his arms crossed as if he was waiting hours for me to come out. "Happy?" I question, putting my hand on my hip.

"Super."

Rolling my eyes once again, I walk over to my desk and grab my brush, combing it through my hair. "What did you want to tell me?"

"I need you to win Klaus' heart back." he pouts, intertwining his fingers and placing them underneath his chin like he's pleading for my acceptance.

"How am I supposed to win something he doesn't have?" I ask him and place my brush down. He chuckles, standing up from my bed and walking over to me.

"And no, Damon, I can't do that. I almost died."

"You almost died because you hurt his feelings."

"No. I almost died because he found out I was using him to kill him and his siblings. There's absolutely no way he will let me breathe in the same air as him again."

"Maya, he'd be the stupidest person on this planet if he doesn't give you a second chance." he tells me, picking up a picture of my siblings and I from my dresser and observing it.

I snatch the picture from his fingers and glance up at him, "This isn't about second chances, Damon. When it comes to family, especially his family, it's hard to forgive someone who wants to strip it away from them."

"How many times have I killed your brother? And yet you're still talking to me." he states and I shoot him a glare, not really up for that touchy subject.

"That's different. Klaus and I are not similar at all."

"You don't know if you don't try." Damon tells me with a raising eyebrow.

"Okay, why do you even want me to do this again? I only did it last time because I was optimistic he was going to die. News flash, Damon, his parents are dead and we have no weapon to kill him."