Chapter 1: He's hot

''Honey, can you turn down the volume of what you're watching. Just a little bit, please. They might be arriving any minute by now.''

Who watches basketball on a low volume? ''Sorry, what did you say mom?'' I shout pretending not to hear a thing. ''I can't hear you.''

''I said can you plea-''

''OH MY GOD THAT WAS A DAMN FLOP.'' I shout with my finger pointing at the screen.  ''THIS AIN'T A FLOP PARTY.'' It was definitely a flop right there. Wade should've shoved his ass for real, damn floppers. My eyebrows meet as I see the volume go down big time. ''Sorry, hun. You didn't hear me so I thought I'd do it myself.''

So much rudeness from my mom. I rolled my eyes at her, ''Fine just give me back the damned remote,'' Extending my hand to the remote which she gives me back. ''And oh, please pretend that I'm not here while they  are here.'' 

By ''they'' I meant my awesome mother's awesome boyfriend. Oh and guess what's more in it. It hasn't been a year since my dad got into that plane crash while he was on his way to Paris, he'd promise to buy me a fancy dress from Paris, which he had never fulfilled. Plus, this awesome boyfriend of my awesome mother is an awesome divorced man with a son to be taken care of. I still don't get why she has to remarry, so SOON. It's not like people could fall in love over 24/7 sex, right. Dating is a given, but living with us? What a bonus.

Sure, they are filthy rich, but we can't move in into their house. Why? Ask me. Yes, you got it right. This sick, wicked witch made a deal with her awesome mom... I told her that if we move into that house, no matter how big it was, I was leaving on my own. Did I mean that? Of course not,I can't live alone yet. But it did the trick, it worked. I guess, I do have a genius side. Why the fuck would I leave the house my father spent so many years designing, and move into the house of the man who wants to steal my mother from my father?

Loud buzz and ringing fills in the house, there goes the doorbell. Not that it's the only noise in the house, but it's the sound that I want to hear the least right now. Ladies and gentlemen, Satan has arrived, at my house.

"Honey, it's them could you please answer the door for me?" she says while opening the oven, I could smell the Lasagna oozing around the house, it's my favorite since who knows when, but I don't think I would be able to enjoy dinner tonight.

"Yeah sure. Like I have a choice." I threw the remote at the sofa and headed to the door to open it. A man in his mid-40s was standing there, smiling at me as if we knew each other.

"Hi, you must be Britney." He said so casually still wearing that smile on his face. There are some wrinkles on the corners of his eyes that are evident but he's not so bad at all. "Yes. And don't talk to me so casually. To me, you're still a stranger." It's true, this is my first time meeting him.

"Britney!" I heard my mom, well of course she would be so mad. I was dissing her boyfriend, my soon-to-be-father, which disgusts me. I have no other father. I have only one.