"When are you guys going to be official?"

"What?" I jolt a bit.

He laughs happy to see my disconcerted state. I'm surprised that he figured my 'intentions' towards Quincey. I've been busted, but I don't mind since it's Anthony.

"Stop joking around," I elbow him.

"I'm not. You should lock him down before another girl steals him away."

"Pff," I roll my eyes.

"Oh? You're that confident?" He quirks a brow.

"Please. The only girl I'm worried about is not here."

"Who?"

I gasp a bit surprised that I let that slip out, then roll my lips to prevent myself from saying anymore.

"Hmm... The only other girl he's close to is Tiffany and they don't have that kind of relationship."

"Tsk," I let out a stifled laugh. "You sure about that?"

"Pretty much. They do get along quite well, but that's it. I mean it's not... How do I put this? He doesn't look at her the way he looks at you."

"Wha... What are you saying?"

It's taking sometime for me to really understand what he is going on about.

"Think about it, there's a difference between a platonic relationship, and one where sparks fly all over the place right?"

"Your point is?"

"My point is... Well, maybe it's just that I'm rooting for you, but to me, it feels like Quincey and you have the sparks."

Anthony's words are refreshing to me. I like what I'm hearing, I want him to be my new best friend.

Memories of Tiffany and Quincey come rushing to me. Their complicity, their shared laughs, their hugs... Their hugs...

I try to remember at least one of their long embraces, but none come to mind. I'm trying to understand why I was under the impression that she was constantly in his arms. Thinking about it now, he actually didn't hug Tiffany that much. I may have witnessed it a few times, but it hardly lasted three seconds. Nothing close to the few he has given me.

"Shannon?" Anthony waves his hand in front of my face.

"Uh?"

"You switched to standby mode."

"Ah? I did?"

"Quincey has gone to change," he informs me.

Quincey and I leave the gym to go back home, and I'm still thinking about the things Anthony said. He has unintentionally planted a strange seed in me.

It's hard for me to imagine, but if what he said were true, then it would mean I can have Quincey all to myself. It would mean I can be his number one girl.

'He doesn't look at her the way he looks at you'

Anthony's words echo in my mind. Now I'm wondering how Quincey looks at me, trying to recall the expression in his eyes when they are on me. Does he look at me in a special way? Am I special to him?

If only I had the courage to ask him. If only I could somehow gather the courage to ask him just one daring question. If that courage was in me, I wouldn't even ask about Tiffany, my question would be simple: "What do I mean to you?"

"I may as well be talking to the wind," Quincey stands in front of me.

I haven't been listening to him. I have no idea as to what he was talking about, and I'm just now noticing that we're almost at the bus stop already.