Chapter Twenty-Two {Seth's POV} *Edited

Start from the beginning

She seemed to catch onto my intentions fast.

“Seth.” She whispered, but I heard it. “Seth, you have to let me finish this, please. You have to let me do this alone.”

“Baby, you can barely move.” I rasped back at her.

The irony was not last one her since she smirked and said, “That’s the pot calling kettle black if I ever saw one.”

I chuckled a bit but it pained my still unhealed ribs. Shit, I think I may have broken a few and broken bones always burned like a bitch to heal. Sylvie started moving again and I followed the movement on instinct. Her hazel eyes met mine and the warning was there as clear as day.

“Seth.” She warned. “Back off and let me save the day. I’m a big girl now.”

I gave her a lopsided smile and ignored the pain in my face, “I know, baby.”

She gave me a small smile but her attention was taken off me when Alek began to shiver and shake as he went back into human form. He was naked and usually that would piss me off but Sylvie’s disgusted face was a huge hint that it was an unneeded emotion at the moment.

Sylvie snapped her fingers as she crouched by Alek’s pained body and all the red coils released him and went back into her body. As it absorbed into her skin she shivered a bit and I swore I saw her eyes flash molten gold before she laid her tiny hands against Alek’s face. It wasn’t an affectionate gesture at all. Her hands and her blunt nails dug into her the flesh of his skin as she held onto his face were vicious. She really, really did not like this man.

Alek screamed bloody murder as she touched him.

“Do you feel that?” she asked quietly, so only Alek and I could hear her, “Do you feel the pain? That is the way grandma has been keeping us safe. You just had to fuck with witches didn’t you?”

Alek wheezed and arched his back as I saw blood ooze from his ears, nose and from the corner of his mouth. She didn’t let go and his body began to tremble but he wasn’t screaming anymore, the pain was too much to even breathe, I could imagine. He opened his eyes, which had been sealed shut in his agony, and bloody tears began to fall from his yellow eyes.  His body stilled and I could smell the death in the air. Still, she still didn’t let go.

“Sylvie.” I called.

Nothing.

“Sylvie, love, let him go. He’s dead.”

“No!” She yelled.

I crawled over to her and pulled her off of him. She started flailing around but I wrapped my arms around her as she began to sob against my chest. We sat like that on the forest floor for god knew how long until she finally calmed down enough to look up at me. Jesus, it wasn’t even fair how beautiful she was; even tear streaked and half insane from the whole insanity that had so far been our lives together.

I swore right then and there that I would make it up to her.

“Damn right you’ll make it up to me.” She said against my neck making me shiver from her hot breath on my skin. “And I’m glad your okay.”

I smiled kissing her copper hand and getting a leaf in my mouth. I spit it out and held her closer to me. “I’m more then glad your okay, love. To be honest, I’m fucking ecstatic right now.

Sylvie gave a watery chuckle. “Good to know.”

“Its over, Sweetheart. We can start over now.” I whispered against her forehead.

“Just you and me, right?” she asked.

I looked over at Alek’s body and saw Zack and Ryan leaning over it with horror written on their faces. Yeah, this wasn’t worth sticking around for. I could find another pack but I couldn’t find another Sylvie. The nobody way of life didn’t appeal to my anymore, because I had somebody worth being counted for.

“Yeah, baby, just you and me.” I confirmed.

She sighed against me. “Hey Seth?”

“Yeah?”

“You smell.”

 “And you have shit in your hair.”

“What?!”

I chuckled holding her impossibly closer. “Not literally, Sylvie, relax.”

She melted into me a bit. “Thank god.”

We were quite a few minutes. My wolf and I rejoicing in having Sylvie in our arms and she was thinking…god knew what but she seemed happy all the same. Finally when she did speak it was, as usual, nothing I expected.

“You do realize I have to give you shit for the rest of our lives about being dog-napped right?”

That was my Sylvie and she was indeed all mine now.

Ours. My wolf corrected.

Yup. Ours.

 All ours.