"Crestwood station. You can follow the police car and I will drive behind you, although normally we do not allow such concessions."

"We will come, but we know our rights. I happen to know some of the best lawyers in the country from our golf tournaments, so I advise you to step lightly."

The rustling of light jackets sounded before the door closed. I remained where I was in case they had forgotten something. Several minutes later, I tilted my head at Alex as a silent question. He nodded, "You are safe to come out now. The vehicles are gone. I will warn you if anyone pulls up."

I stood up and came out from behind the couch, although I simply took a seat on the couch I had hidden behind. The chair Alex was in and the couch were right beside one another. Alex was alert and taking his guard duty seriously as he kept an eye on both me and the others in the room. The others kept their distance as they had before.

Alex reassured me, "He won't be gone long. Those fake IDs are as good as the originals. Nick had made sure that Darien had several alibis for the time when you were supposedly kidnapped."

That was a relief. I wasn't sure what I would do if they tried to keep Darien there in a jail cell, although chances were that he wouldn't remain there for any longer than he wanted to. "That is good. Does it really count as kidnapping if I went willingly?"

He chuckled and shook his head, "The only problem is that they don't know that, and Darien would lose it if someone closeted you away to interview you and ensure that you hadn't been brainwashed."

I snorted in good humor, "I hate to break it to you, but the soulbond might actually be guilty of brainwashing and it is quite good at influencing both of us. Think about it for a moment, this is the first time I have actually sat on an actual piece of furniture in this room."

He was amused, "That doesn't surprise me with such a new bond, especially considering how many times it has been disturbed. I also doubt that you overly mind him doing it."

I smiled at the ceiling at the truth of his statement, "No. The mate bond makes it impossible to object."

Alex examined me, "The mate bond should have settled enough that being apart for a few hours shouldn't overly bother you. How is it feeling?"

I considered it, "I do miss him already, but it isn't painful or overly distracting. He just left a few minutes ago, so I guess we will see how it goes."

He nodded, "Let me know if it starts bothering you. If it bothers you, then it will be affecting Darien's mood."

I nodded, that made sense. "The bond is still quiet, it seems to have settled a fair bit today. I can tell he is moving further away, but the bond isn't twisting or pulling more strongly than usual."

Alex looked at me in shock, "You can tell his location from the bond? Do you actually feel the bond twist or know it is doing so from how it affects your own emotions?"

I blinked in surprise and pointed towards the one wall, "I can tell he is in that direction and that he is getting further away from how the pull is changing, but that is it. I am pretty sure that I am feeling the bond. It seems to twist whenever Darien gets worked up or angry, or if I get scared."

Alex was still looking at me in surprise, "I hadn't realized that you felt the bond so strongly. I thought you only felt the usual mate attraction and separation pain. Did you ever mention this to Darien?"

I shook my head, "From how he described it, I thought it was normal so I didn't mention it. Is it that unusual?"

Alex nodded slowly, "Most Tarulk soulmates feel the intense attraction, pull, and separation pain. Fewer than quarter of them can actually feel it as an actual entity as you seem to be describing it, and even fewer can tell the direction of their soulmate. Darien said he could feel the bond twist, but he wasn't able to sense direction or distance."