Chapter 4 - Always Running

A.N.: Sorry for late update, life has been doing me in royally for this year. xD But things should go back to normal now. Still planning a regular schedule for uploads, but it should be coming soon.

That's about it from me. Enjoy.~

                                                   ~Anty

            My grip tightened on the handle of my sword as I trudged down the path, mumbling profanity that was directed towards Geoff, though he was miles too far away to hear my anger with him.

         I told him we can't stay in one place.. I fucking told him.

         I pulled up my bear hoodie to protect my neck in some way - really it just offered me some feeling of security - as I was nearing the lone zombie as it hobbled down the dirt road towards me. My eyes narrowed slightly to help me see better as  my head snapped from side to side, looking across the field for another, though I found no such thing, which only added to my overall confusion.

               Zombies never travel alone.

        I got to the one zombie and in one swift movement, I caught it's throat with the side of my blade, blood pouring out from the cut and his mouth almost immediately after the incision was made, ultimately ending it's groaning. My eyes hardened as I put my other hand onto the end of the blade, pushing the sword in further as more and more blood squirted out into my face, but as I got it to the point that it was safely wedged into his neck, I let go of it. It wasn't in far enough to sever his spinal cord, but I knew the sword would be grinding away at his spinal column. I then took my switchblade out the pocket of my sweatshirt with a grin to follow. I looked back up at the zombie and glared to him, my eyebrows furrowing as I started to twirl the blade.

            "Where are your little buddies?" I looked over his shoulder to see behind him, then. I turned my back to the zombie,scanning back over the field. The zombie was practically paralyzed with my sword stuck that far in, so I really wasn't worried about him at the moment. "Are they a no-show?" I mocked once again as I let out a sarcastic laugh that echoed across the lone fields. With a shrug I turned my full attention to the zombie. "Ah well. We all can't be popular huh?" And with this I grabbed onto his head, the hand with the switchblade swinging up to stab into his eye socket as my eyebrows knitted, blood and optical fluid spewing in every direction, I hitched it in further while my mouth was securely shut tight to avoid any of the infected blood to get into my mouth while listening to the satisfying sound of bone crunching and his brain being punctured. And with this, the rotting bag of flesh started to grow limp within my grip.

           But I wasn't done yet.

      I let the head go, and my grip on my switchblade, the body folding onto the dirt path below him. I straddled the lifeless body as I ripped my switchblade out from his eye socket, lifting it up and continuing my rage filled attack on the dead man's face. Every stab became more and more ferocious than the last, more and more of my rage and pain being channeled through every smash of my blade coming down onto his face. His skull caved in quickly, due to already being mostly deteriorated, but I still hadn't stopped, nor did I plan to. I continued beating and stabbing away at the pile of flesh, broken bone, and brains. Letting out a loud yell that rang through the fields.

            After a few more moments of smashing and gashing away, I grew more and more tired. I sighed as I wiped the blood away from my mouth and eyes as I looked back over at the hideous aftermath of my rage. My stomach turned at this, as I quickly ripped my switchblade out, then took the sword out of his neck hastily, ignoring the grotesque sound of his wound's attempt to heal around my sword being ripped apart. I stood up and turned my back to the creature, looking down at the dirt and walking a few feet back to the house before stopping. I put my switchblade back into my pocket then as I cleared my throat and wiped away the degrading tears slipping out of my eyes.