Chapter 21

Z A C H

I woke up in warmth. I move around a bit and I feel the cold air hit my bare chest. That's when I open my eyes to see that it was Jack, where the radiation of warmth was coming from. I smile at his sleeping form looking so calm and innocent did I mention sexy? I rub my face with my hand and that's when I wince.
I'm glad to wake up in my own bed for once but my nose still hurts like a bitch though. That's when I process the last 24 hours.

I remember everything that happened yesterday that led up to this. Me being jealous. The usual. Me being bold and kissing Jack in front of Daniel. Me getting punched by Daniel. Me passing out and waking up in a emergency room. And Jack being there when I woke up. Oh yeah also my huge tender ass nose. Like I can't even look around without my nose being in my view. I'm still glad Jack was there for me.

Jack started to stir from his slumber and he looked at me all red faced. He had a smile that was beautiful on his face. "Hey babe," was what he said. I started to blush just thinking that this was the first time he called me that. It made my heart flutter. "Hey Jacky. You literally sounded like a girl. He then kissed my nose as I closed my eyes. It was a soft and careful kiss that reminded me of my mom when she use to "kiss it better." But to be honest it kind of does when he did it. I open my eyes cherishing the last few moments of his soft lips on my nose.

"So how bout we get to that date I mention to you," he said. I though for a moment, I know he probably never broke up with Daniel yet and I do want to get out of the house away from this tension. Ever since we got home yesterday it seemed like this house has been dead silent. "Yes I love that," I say with a smile. He then wrap his arms around me in a hug and kissed my cheek. All I do is giggle and embrace his warm arms. Did I mention he was shirtless?

***

So it was pretty awkward walking into the kitchen. I saw Jonah at the counter drinking his usual cup of coffee. Dani and Corbyn are no where to be found. I kinda glad but I'm still expecting a apology from Dani because I know he is not that kind of jerk.

I'm just waiting on Jack to get ready and apparently our Uber is suppose to be here soon so he can take me on that date he was telling me about. I'm surprisingly ready. I know shocker. I guess I was just too excited for this that I took less time than usual. It also feels good to know that Jack wouldn't care what I wear and how I look because I know he already loves me. Heck he probably already thinks I look sexy. Then the lyric, "I can read your mind I know what your thinking," pops into my head and I chuckle at the thought. Apparently it catches Jonah's attention, "your in a good mood." I just smile at how casual he is.

***

Turns out Jack and I are going out to dinner also apparently he has another surprise. So he took me to Chipotle ahh he knows me so well and I'm currently eating like a maniac in front of him while he just stares at me while taking some bites of his food.

"Your enjoying your food aren't you," he says. I swallow and respond, "Yeah it is super delicious." "Well wait till dessert," he says with a wink. I blush thinking some dirty thoughts and bite my lip at him.

We're leaving Chipotle and as I get out of the booth Jack stops me. "What," I say as he looks down near my lips. "I know this is cliche but you got a little something. I immediately try to wipe away whatever it is with my fingers but Jack stops my hand. He bends down and licks what I think was sauce away. I close my eyes at the feeling of his tongue on my skin.

***

So the surprise was laser tag. I don't know how this gonna go but I will probably be screaming my head off. The sad part is me and Jack are on different teams. The look he gave me was a playful glare that said I was going down. He is not gonna know what hits him when I'm done with him.

***

So currently hiding behind this wall thing. I haven't seen anyone in a while. The only thing I know is that the game isn't over because my shirt thing hasn't flashed like they said it would at the beginning of the game as they were telling the rules. I don't even know where Jack is or if he even is still in the game. To be honest I've been hiding the whole time drawing the least amount of attention to myself.

I suddenly felt someone slap my butt. I moan as I felt it. It better be Jack because anyone else would just be weird. I turn to look behind me to see Jack pointing the laser at me. Dammit. I dramatically trip over air and then Jack looks at me with concern and is about to put the gun down but then just shoots me. "Ha gotcha bitch I was not about to let your cute shit win," he says. What the fuck just happened, I don't know if I should be mad or not.

***

We finally return home after getting my ass beat in laser tag. All the lights are off which most likely means everyone is asleep . Just as we enter the home, Jack kisses me. It's a soft kiss kinda like a goodbye kiss where you don't want to pull away. Eventually we do and I ask, "So how about that dessert," I say with a giggle. He just laughs and picks me up to carry me up stairs. I'm laughing and kissing his neck the whole way. I know for a fact that whatever is about to happen it's gonna be good. Hopefully making this date complete and my wanting for him to be satisfied.