Legolas POV

I smiled widely when I saw (y/n) walk into the room behind Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn. Her brother, Haldir, had his arm wrapped around her waist. Her other brothers, Rúmil and Orophin, followed in behind them. Her eyes met mine and she smiled at me. She looked at Haldir and said something to him. The ellon glanced at me then nodded. He guided (y/n) in my direction, helping her into the seat beside mine.

"Hi, (y/n)!" I greeted.

"Hello, pîn lass (little leaf)," she said. She looked at my father, who sat on my other side at the end of the table. "Greetings, my king."

He nodded to her before turning to welcome Galadriel and Celeborn. I looked at (y/n)'s brothers and greeted them as well. The ellons smiled at me.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Prince Legolas," Haldir said. "(y/n) has told us much about you."

"Really?" I asked, looking at her.

"Indeed," Orophin replied. "We must thank you for keeping her company these last few days. I'm sure she would be quite bored without you."

(y/n) rolled her eyes at them, a smile on her face. Dinner was soon served and everyone was enjoying themselves. I spent most of my time talking with (y/n) and her brothers, who were very nice to talk to. I had even noticed that (y/n) kept looking over at my father, which confused me a little.

"Legolas." I turned my head to look at Lady Galadriel. She gave me a gentle smile, which I returned. "I have heard that (y/n) is giving you archery lessons."

I nodded, my smile widening.

"She is and she says I'm doing an amazing job," I said.

"He is a quick learner and is progressing very well," (y/n) added, smiling at me.

"You could not have a better teacher, Legolas," Celeborn said. "(y/n) was one of the best archers in Lothlorien. Not even her brothers could out shoot her."

"And still can't," (y/n) put in with a smirk.

Everyone chuckled, including my father.

"(y/n) is quite skilled with a bow, along with a sword," Rúmil said. "She could knock down any opponent who came at her."

(y/n) glanced at him and I noticed her glare at him. Rúmil's eyes widened when he realized what he said and bowed his head a little.

"It was nothing special," (y/n) stated. "Those days are long behind me. My mantle as warrior has been left behind."

The Lothlorien elves nodded, all knowing what she meant. I knew as well and I felt bad for her. I reached under the table and held her hand. She glanced at me and nodded, smiling a little.

Dinner continued for a while longer, the older elves exchanging stories and plans for the festival. I listened to stories (y/n) and her brothers told, wishing I could have seen (y/n) in action. After a while, (y/n) spoke up.

"I believe I shall be heading to bed," she said. She looked at my father. "Thank you for the invitation to dinner, King Thranduil."

"You are quite welcome," he replied.

"Shall I accompany you to your room, (y/n)?" Haldir asked, rising from his seat.

"Yes, thank you, Haldir."

He took her hand and helped her from her seat. Haldir wrapped an arm around (y/n)'s waist and the two bowed slightly to my father. He nodded to them. Before the two could start towards the door, I spoke up.

"Ada?" I asked. "May I go with them? I wanted to hear more of (y/n)'s stories."

"Go ahead, Legolas."

"Thank you, ada!"

I jumped from my seat and ran towards my friend. (y/n) smiled at me and extended her hand towards me. I took it and we left the hall.

~

After we got to (y/n)'s room, Haldir set her in a chair by the fire, telling to her call if she needed anything before he left the room. I sat down in a chair across from (y/n), watching her as the fire reflected off her features. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair and her eyes were (e/c). She almost always had a smile on her face and her eyes were kind. What I found amazing was that even though she had been through the worst, she found so much to be happy about.

After a few minutes, (y/n) looked at me, the fire reflecting in her eyes.

"Have I ever shown you my weapons before, Legolas?" she asked. I shook my head. "Would you like to see them?"

"Can I?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course. They are over by my bed. Would you grab them?"

"Sure!"

I shot up from my seat and ran to her bed, quickly locating her weapons, which were wrapped in a cloth.

"Be careful with them when you bring them over," (y/n) called from behind me.

"I will!"

I gently grabbed the bundle of weapons and returned to my friend's side. She motioned for me to sit on the ground in front of the fire, which I did. I watched her as she slowly pushed herself out of her chair and carefully lowered herself onto the ground. She grunted a little as she sat, but kept smiling.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine, pîn lass (little leaf)," she replied. "Do not worry about me."

I handed her the bundle of weapons and she rolled it out on the ground. I stared in amazement. Lying on the ground was a pair of swords and a beautiful bow. The swords had golden handles and gold designs running up the blade. The bow was beautifully carved, intricate details running along the wood.

(y/n) glanced at me for a moment before picking up one of the swords. She turned it over in her hand before handing it to me. I looked up at her for a moment before taking the sword. It was incredibly lightweight, but I could feel the amount of power in held in it. I carefully ran my fingertips over the blade, looking at the gold designs. After a few minutes, I handed it back to (y/n). She set it down next to its twin, picked up the bow, and handed it to me.

"This bow has survived many battles," she said as I looked at the carvings. "I trained with it when I was about your age and I have kept it ever since. Never have I felt a bow with the same feel this one has. It gives me a sort of comfort that I can hold on to."

"It's beautiful," I said. "It definitely feels special." I laid the bow back on the ground and looked up at (y/n). "Do you miss being a warrior?"

"Sometimes," (y/n) replied with a shrug. "Sometimes I miss how it feels to hold these and actually fight with them instead of just look at them. It is hard watching my brothers train without me, but I have gotten used to it. Losing my legs was just the Valar telling me that I had a different path ahead of me."

"And do you know what it is?"

"No, not yet. But, when I find it, I will help to serve my people in the best ways that I can. And the same is true for you, pîn lass (little leaf). The Valar has a plan for you. No one knows what it will be, but you are going to do great things for Middle Earth. I can feel it."

I smiled and hugged (y/n), curling up a little into her side. I heard her chuckle and rest her head on mine as we sat on the ground.