Thranduil POV

I watched at Haldir approached (y/n) and took her hand. He helped her to her feet. Now that I knew she could not walk on her own, I could see it. Her legs shook under her as she walked. Her grip on Haldir's arm was tight, like she was holding on for her life, yet her brother did not seem to mind. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and the two walked out of the room, disappearing behind a set of doors.

I tore my gaze away from the door, sighing quietly. I felt horrible for what happened the other night, but I had not had a chance to make it up to her. I had been busy with preparations for the Festival and she had been training Legolas in the garden. I straightened my posture and excused myself from the group I was standing with. Moving around the room, I finally found the Lady of Light.

"Lady Galadriel," I said, gaining her attention. She turned towards me. "Might I have a word with you?"

"Of course." I took her hand and led her to the side of the room. She looked at me with gentle and curious eyes. "How may I be of service to you, King Thranduil?"

I sighed.

"When are you and your people planning on returning to Lothlorien?" I asked.

"Within the next few days," she replied. "Why do you ask?" I paused, unsure how to answer. "Is it because of (y/n)?"

"Did you-?"

"No. I need not look into your mind to see what is clear to me. During our time here, you have grown feelings for her, no?"

"It would appear you are correct. She is just so kind and the way she interacts with Legolas is something I've never seen before in another elf." I chuckled a little as I realized something. "It seems that since meeting her, I have been smiling more as well."

Galadriel smiled kindly.

"She does have that effect on people." She put her hand on my shoulder, making me look at her. "You should go talk to her. I know of your conversation with her the other night and now is a better time than never."

"And yet I have a feeling that she hates me for ever bringing it up."

"(y/n) does not hold onto her anger very long. She is not angry often, but when she is, she calms down within a day or two. You can ask her brothers on that. But you should go and see her, Thranduil. It will put both of your minds at ease."

I nodded.

"Thank you, my lady."

She smiled and nodded back at me before heading off to find her husband. I stood there for a moment, trying to calm myself. I sighed and headed for the doors, quietly slipping away from the Festivities.