Introduction

Tears stained my shirt and mascara ran down my face. The blood was pooled on the floor of the bathroom. My sobs grew harder and harder as the realization hit me. I had miscarried. The sharp stabbing pains in my stomach throbbed continually. I locked the door which J now knocked upon.

"Harley? Harley? Answer me! What's wrong? I hear you crying, baby please let me in."he shouted through the wood. I felt paralyzed as I sat on the bathroom floor. His knocks and shouts became more and more aggressive until he shouted, "Get away from the door!" then shooting the handle and kicking the door open. My muscles refused to move and I remained frozen against the wall. J stood in silence for what felt like hours just staring at the blood before he finally spoke. "We need to take you to the doctor, you're losing lots of blood and quickly. Harley? Are you listening to me?"My eyes had glazed over at this point and I remained like a statue. J picked me into his arms and carried my limp body outside. The room began to spin and an overwhelming faintness came upon my body before I shut my eyes. J's voice sounded like it was miles away before everything went silent.

I woke up in a hospital bed with an IV drip attached, but I wasn't in a hospital room. I knew I was in the underground clinic. I'd come here before to visit a friend when she was badly shot. This was the only place in the city safe for criminals to get help without getting caught. J was in the corner of the room with his head in his hands. I heard muffled sniffs from his lowered face.

"Puddin?"I weakly called to him. He shot straight up and came next to me grabbing my hand. tightly.

"Baby, how do you feel? DOCTOR! She's awake!" He gently kissed each of my fingers, hovering over my engagement ring. His gentleness brought a small smile to my face. The doctor entered followed by two girls I assumed were nurses.

"Hello, Miss Quinn, how do you feel?"

"My stomach aches and genrally weak."J looked at him with concern.

"It's nothing to be concerned with Mr. J, fairly normal after a miscarriage. My condolences Miss Quinn, the baby was lost. I had to continue to bear bad news but there is something I feel I must share with you." I looked J in the eyes and gave his hand a squeeze before nodding to the doctor."I'm afraid that your reproductive system rejected the fetus and that was why you miscarried. This means that you will never be able to successfully birth a child. If you get pregnant again the result will be the same. I'm so sorry we-"Before the doctor could finish his statement my eyes rolled to the back of my head and everything went black.