Saving Lives

3rd P

3rd P.O.V

"The 15-mile hike to the outskirts of Gulmira can only be described as a descent into hell, into a modern day Heart of Darkness. Simple farmers and herders from peaceful villages have been driven from their homes, displaced from their lands by warlords emboldened by a new-found power. Villagers have been force to take shelter in whatever crude dwellings they can find in the ruins of other villages or here in the remnants of an old Soviet smelting plant." The lady on the tv was saying as images of gunshots and poor villagers appeared on the tv.

"Recent violence has been attributed to a group of foreign fighters referred to by locals as the Ten Rings." An image of the Jericho missile appeared. "As you can see, these men are heavily armed and on a mission. A mission that could prove fatal to anyone who stands in their way." Caleb watched as his dad stood up. "With no political will or international pressure, there's very little hope for these refugees." His dad got closer to the tv. "Around me, a woman begging for news on her husband, who was kidnappés by insurgents, either forced to join their militia-"

Caleb jumped, startled as Tony fired his light blast, destroying half of the room. He walked forward while the tv kept playing in the background.

He stopped in front of a glass window in front of the stairs and practiced himself in front of him, making different poses.

"Put on your communicator." He ordered his son.

Without questioning why, Caleb did as asked and Tony put on the whole costume ready to fly away.

Caleb went to his computer and opened it, doing his thing. Seconds later, he could see his dad and what his dad was seeing on two different screens.

"Dad?" He asked through the communicator, trying it out.

"Yep. I can hear you." Tony replied.

"Good." Caleb said. "You've got about ten ministers till you get there. Be careful and stay in contact."

He saw his dad nod in the suit and breathed out, hoping his dad wouldn't do anything stupid.

It did take ten minutes for Tony to get there. He got there as some villagers were about to get shot in front of their families.

Everyone stopped at the sound of the armure.

He landed and at that moment a guy started shooting at him. Stark punched him in the stomach and it made him fly away.

"Right." He heard Caleb trough the helmet and shot a beam of light at another one. "Left." Another one. "A bit more to your left." With his two hands. "Stop! Hostages!"

Tony stopped when he saw the bad guys hiding behind the hostages threatening to kill woman and children.

Tony lowered his hands and thought.