02

T W O

T W O

It all comes rushing to her at once.

            Ana follows Han and the others out of the Falcon and into the main port, a distant clanging sounding in the distance. She glances back to look at Aero, but again, he's not looking at her — his eyes are dark and narrowed, downcast as he glares at the floor. Now, more than ever, Ana wishes they were back how they used to be. Back when she knew him like she knew her own mind. Back when everything was simple, just her, Aero, and their family, together. Back when there wasn't a rising Rebellion, a First Order, pain and grief.

            Back when they were home.

            A loud clang sounds throughout the hangar, pulling Ana out of her thoughts. She looks around wildly, meeting the confused gazes of Rey and Finn.

           "Don't tell me a Rathtar's gotten loose," Han mutters under his breath as he races out of the Falcon and into the main hangar.

            "Wait, a what?" Finn exclaims, racing after him. Rey is close on his heels, followed by BB-8. Ana glances over at Aero, but he avoids her gaze, staring at the floor as hurries after them. Ana's jaw clenches. They've found you.

            "You're not hauling Rathtars on this freighter, are you?" She hears Finn asking Han once they near a main control panel.

            Han doesn't look at him. "I'm hauling Rathtars." Ana peers over Rey's shoulder to see several images of screens displayed across the panel, showing areas all around the freighter ship. In the far corner, a transport lands in the freighter.

            "Oh, great," Han hisses, eyes flashing towards the movement. "It's the Guavian Death Gang — they must've tracked us from Nantoon." He glances over at Chewbacca, who lets out a soft growl, and the two turn away from the panel, starting for the corridor. Finn follows after them immediately, with Ana, Rey and Aero trailing close behind.

            "What's a Rathtar?" Rey asks as they follow Han down a long narrow hall, lined along the brims with cargo containers. Ana almost collides into one but maintains her footing, stumbling. Aero is next to her immediately, steadying her by holding onto her arm. She looks at him, but he avoids her gaze, staring at the floor. Once she's standing up right again, he lowers his grip.

            "They're big and dangerous," Han says.

            "You ever heard of the Trillia Massacre?" Finn asks Rey.

            Rey glances over at him, brow furrowed. "No...?"

            "Good."

            They turn a sharp corner and Ana inhales sharply, heart racing. She looks over at Aero, and he finally meets her gaze. His expression is dark and sullen. Ana understands why. So much has happened in just a mere few hours...so many things Aero and her have fought so hard to forget.