• chapter 5 •

Chapter five

I've been down this road before
Fell in love on Christmas night
But on New Year's Day I woke up and he wasn't by my side

"This is harder than I expected," Rye says when we're looking at the trees. They have different sizes and Rye just doesn't look to like any of them. "Hey, are you cold?" He asks, I am shaking a little. I nod and he hugs me from behind.

His chest is across my back and he is warm. My heart starts beating faster and all I can think about is how gentle he is to me. He takes my hands to his palms. Then he slowly closes his hands, so my hands are in his. I lay down my head on his shoulder and close my eyes for a while. This is our moment and no one can take it away from me, ever.

"I think I finally found one!" I heard his scream while after. He chose a small tree but for our tiny flat it's just the perfect size. "It reminds me of you," he explains and I let out a little laugh. I try to punch him but he takes my hand in a motion and hugs me again.

I giggle because he starts ticking me. "Wait-wait, stop! I'm going to pee myself!" I'm screaming and he finally stops with a huge smile on his face. We take the tree to the cash to buy it. And maybe I want the cashier to think that me and Rye are dating. And maybe I'm standing a little too close... Maybe I'm finally going insane.