Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"All those years back, I was an asshole who never knew what it meant to love and accept someone. My pride and reputation was all I could think of. But now I have changed, I have become someone who is worthy for you. It's been hell without you.  I can't do this anymore Hailey. Please I beg you, give me one chance."

My heart was beating incredibly fast. Hearing him say these words felt soothing, like a balm. I could feel my wounds healing. I could feel that forgiving him was necessary. But before I could open my mouth to tell him that I feel the same way, a sickening thought entered my mind.

"How can I believe you? Not long after I left you mated with another wolf. Do you know how much I suffered because of that? Did you have any idea what I went through?" I said my voice rising with every word. I didn't care if I was loud, now was the time I needed answers.

"Of course you don't. You are an alpha, the entire pack needs you. Did it ever cross your mind what I need. Did you know that every day I felt empty, sad and alone? Did you know every day I doubted whether I was even worth living? No you didn't. So you have no right to say that you went through hell, because I know what hell is." I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I wanted to fall and crawl into a corner and just let the pain fade. But I wouldn't give him the chance of seeing me weak. He should know that after everything I survived. I don't need him.

"See this right here." I said pulling my t-shirt collar down, revealing my exposed neck. His eyes dropped to my shoulder and narrowed. He gazed at the black burnt spot, faded yet visible to the naked eye.

"Is that--?" he stammered. He reached out for me but I stepped back.

"Yes that is what you gave me. This is the one thing you have ever given me Alpha Zachary. The one thing that helped me realize every day that it wasn't just a bad dream. I was rejected by the one person who was meant for me and me only. My mate, who would hold me, cry with me, laugh with me, do everything together, you were supposed to be everything I ever wanted." I whispered feeling drained and dizzy. Blinking I focused on him as his knees gave way and he knelt in front of me.

"Hailey baby, trust me. I haven't touched Esther in that way. I only marked her because I was a coward." He cried, huge tears falling out of his eyes. I scrunched up in disbelief. An alpha calling himself a coward, well that's a first.

"Yes I couldn't face the pack if they found out I had driven away their Luna. Father wanted me to mate with a strong she wolf and didn't have the courage to stand and say that I had found my mate. So I did the thing any coward would do. I lied and agreed with my father. But I swear I haven't mated with her. She knew that from the beginning that this was just a deal. You were the only one I would allow myself to be closed to. Please Hailey, believe me." He bent his head in defeat. I felt his agony flow towards me. My hands wanted to dig itself in his soft black hair and feel his hot skin on mine.

Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara