'Cause when our heads betray our hearts

A/N: Cause it never is easy and I love my roller coasters, lolol.

Enjoy!

-------

Mike arrived at the studio not in time as he should have but in time that the others weren't mad yet. Joe and Rob synthetic studio as they weren't even supposed to be but Brad and Dave sat at the front of the mixing table looking not particularly annoyed but just bored. Chester was no where to be seen which was a huge relief for the half Asian.

"Are you fine?", Brad had noticed the weird tone on his friends voice already in the phone.

"Yeah yeah... Just had an argument with Anna. Where were we at?", he brushed the comment off. He couldn't tell the truth so he didn't even bother lie further.

Brad explained him where they were trying to to get the emcee's mind focus. He was obviously distracted but Brad didn't want to push it.

Soon they were all driven by the music they were creating. Or at least trying to since they were really only at the beginning. Few songs needed some singing, but the lyrics weren't even ready yet.

At lunch time Dave yawned and got up to get some coffee. They were already exhausted by all the thinking but Mike was so glad cause it was distracting him from all the other thoughts. His mind started to go on how stupid he had been but next Brad pointed out a part of lyric and it was all forgotten.

But then the door swung open and the singer stepped in. Looking so damn good that it made Mike's stomach ache.

"Sorry I am so late. We went to see Talinda's friend and you know how the women are", he rolled his eyes smirking.

Of course it was Talinda that had caused it. Didn't surprise Mike at all. He was so jealous that it made him angry but instead of stomping out from the studio he just turned around back to the table. And Chester tossed his bag on the floor and sat beside them like nothing had happened. Which made him even more angry. "How dare he!", the emcee thought. It sure was Mike's mistake but he could at least nodded to him. Or texted that he was coming and all is fine. Or that he hated him and didn't want to see him ever again. But nothing, it was like nothing had ever happened. And it sure did happen. Mike could still feel the electricity and the softness of the kiss that was so short. Which made him only think about longer kiss. How could have it been like. Maybe light touch on the cheek or a hand traveled under Chester's shirt...

"Mike!", Brad broke the daydream.

"Dude, where the fuck are you. It's like you're floating somewhere high above", the guitarist frowned and pointed at the paper making sure the emcee saw now what they were talking about.

Now Mike tried to focus. In the corner of his eye he saw the singer drink his takeaway coffee and answer to Brad's questions. And again he was alone, deep inside.

"So maybe we should try some vocals on this and then decide how we should go from there. I don't feel the lyrics are done like that but... Will see", Mike said after a while of talking with the others.

He let Chester have the paper with the lyrics and watched him to go to the vocal booth. Not like he hadn't seen the walk before but he just loved it. The way the singer hung his head when he was reading the lyrics trying to feel them. And the way he straightened his shirt when he was walking. Like he was trying to prepare himself for something bigger.

Dave headed to another room to focus to other stuff while Mike adjusted some things before giving Chester permission to sing. And then he closed his eyes to enjoy the voice. Same voice that made him happy and sad. Angry yet peaceful. A voice that made his blood boil and shivers travel through him. Then it was over and the voice asked how was it.