CHAPTER 3

ALEXIA...

"Are you sure it was him?" Alicia asked for the umpteenth time.
"Yes yes yes Alicia. I'm positive"
"Wow. You must be really lucky if he had all the time to look at you. As far as I've heard, he doesn't just look at any girl."she said

"Oh please. He was just being a corny dick with no shame."
I said before packing my hair into a ponytail.

"Your dad's coming home today right ?" she asked .
"Yeah. And unfortunately I've got
another shift today before the session start." I said.

"It's not that bad.l've got mine tomorrow. And tomorrow a freaking Sunday."
"It's okay. Well I'm supposed to follow my mum to pick up my dad from the airport. Care to tag along?"
"Nah. I'll be fine. I've got things I wanna do."she said

"Do the things you have to do involve going to the beach to possibly check,according to you, if Mr perfect is there?"

"Shit you know me too well."she said.
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"she asked
"Definitely.."
"..a good thing."I completed for her.

"You're the best." She said.
"I know. Please cover for me. I doubt I'll make it to the beach today."I said
"You're the best."I said
"I thought that was my calling?" She asked with a smirk.

I sighed . Why do I even bother?

Mum and I stood in front of the waiting room. People searching for their loved ones and family members who had boarded this plan. Finally, I spotted my dad looking through his phone.

"Mum, there he is." I said to her.
"Why don't you be the first to go meet him."she said.

I smiled at her before I ran towards my dad.

"Dad!"

He looked up from his phone,a smile growing on his lips before I landed into his arms.

"Hey kiddo." He said when we finally pulled apart.
"Hey dad. I missed you." I said planting a kiss on his cheek.
"But I missed you more."he said
"Hi darling." My mum said, finally coming to join us.
"Hello dear." My dad replied before planting a kiss on my mum's lips.

I simply loved my parents love life. They've been married for twenty years with only me. It's kinda cool being an only child. I don't think it is because they don't want other kids. It's probably because they don't have time to make a mini me

"How did the conference go dad?" I asked when I noticed that they were taking their love talk to a whole new level.
"It was great kiddo. Maybe I'll take you with me next time."he said.

"Looking forward to it."I replied.
"Don't worry. I'll tell you everything on the ride home."
"Then we best get a move on. Don't you think so dad?"

He just laughed.
***************************
".... Then the astronomy department concluded that most of the rocket launched didn't do a
pretty good job in the research we organised. The samples of some of the chemical analysis are back and are with me ."
"So if the board wasn't satisfied with that what do they intend to do?"I asked

"Well we already came to a conclusion and so,a team of advanced scientist gather and when analysed an intergalactic microchip when won't be destroyed in space and can respond and adapt to the galaxies around it. It's a super fun model computer chip, the first of buy it's kind". My dad said, fondling more of his steak.

He really loved his job, and science seems to be one of the things that kept him going.

"What model is it?" I asked
"Huh?"
"The computer chip?"
"Oh. It's an RTH-11 model. Almost like an MC. It is a SAT NAV, an intergalactic transmitter,an intervisual aerial signal and the list goes on." He finally completed.

"Wow dad,you must really be excited on this project." I stared at my dad with awe. I wanted to be just like him. An intergalactic scientist studying about different comets,galaxies and other small planets.

"God Oscar, you just allowed your daughter to inherit all your traits. All this talk about all scientists and chemicals making me down in the dumps." My mum said smirking. I knew what she was trying to imply.

"So mum, dad you too have a lot of catching up to do. The beach isn't really far from here. I'll just catch you with Alicia." I said eyeing mum before giving my dad a wink.

"So how's your dad?"Alicia asked once I settled in the shed.
"He's good. The trip was okay." I said simply.
"Well girlfriend you're one lucky bitch, time to close up."she said.
"That's good isn't it? Let's go home." I said heading towards the door.
"Not so fast young lady." She said.

"Young lady?! I'm 2months older than you." I said smirking.
"Whatever. This is your shift. Just cus I agreed to this doesn't mean you're gonna leave all the work for me. Now get moving."she said.
"Yes mum."
"That's my girl."she said imitating my mum's voice.

Both of us started laughing.