Chapter 13

Ohh my godd I never realized I didn't finish this chapter! I thought i already published this but I guess I forgot haha. I finished it up and now it's ready to be read! God I am so sorry this took sooo long!
Warning!! Loads of Doctor Who references. I started watching season 2 after finishing season 10 and I started crying about how I miss the eleventh doctor and how I'll miss the twelfth doctor. You know, normal fandom stuff. Anyways, enjoy!

~Cas

Your chest feels like it's under the weight of the whole school, or twice of it.

Definitely twice.

Thrice is a possibility of course.

Quadruple is a small chance.

It's calculus class. Ms. Delaware surprises the class with a pop quiz today. The room is filled with the dense material of silence. Silence is what keeps you safe for now, and silence is kept by Ms. Delaware's extreme scolding. A single noise from a single student can mean a 'trip to the principle's office' in a flash. A cough, a snicker, or even a grunt is a threat to old Ms. Delaware. She may be ancient, but her ears are miraculously in peak shape.

So you keep quiet.

You glance at the person behind you. Peter Puckerwitt. Pitiful name, but no wit. He probably will forget that it's a quiz and dare to ask a question. If he does, silence will fall. Silence will fall when the question is asked. And you really rather want to keep silence.

Even with the comforting material of silence that coats and protects you, you can feel everyone staring at you. Not all the time, but every time they look up it's to look up at you. You know it's best not to provoke them any further, and you wouldn't for the life of you to even dare to. Only God knows what will happen if you step out of silence, and you really REALLY don't want to know.

So you keep quiet.

Silence is all you need.

But silence isn't going to keep protecting you.

And soon, silence will fall.

You just have to keep quiet.

So you keep quiet.

And you keep being quiet.

The school bell rings and you refrain from screaming. Everyone rushes out of the classroom, and you know it wasn't without a few glances shot at you ; you never bothered to look.

After you think everyone has left, you pick up your satchel and start heading out of the door. Ms. Delaware farewells you (she has a soft spot for you because you're the only one in this class that doesn't create a ruckus) you return it and push open the door.

"BOO!" a senior girl surprises you near the entrance. Two other senior girls , one you recognize as Fraida Jones from the senior committee, snicker behind her. "Have a nice day druggie." the girl at the front slithers before walking away with the the other two. There's a sharp tone at the end of 'druggie' that hurt you in a new way.

You've been called a lot of names. Never a druggie. Everyone knows poor and innocent (Y/N) Hansen that can't defend herself, but never one to do drugs. You could feel your heart spiraling down a deep pit. Your chest hastens. Your eyes burn. Your heart beat in your head like an imprisoned animal until you felt like you needed to scream.

So you keep quiet.

You walk through the corridor, still feeling eyes burn at the back of your head. Where is Zoe when you need her? You hug your satchel closer to your chest and try to ignore them. Who knows? Maybe if you don't notice, they'll stop looking. But your ears are no help. You hear faint murmurs among the people you pass by.