Chapter 2: The Boy I Thought I Knew

After singing the entire album twice, we finally arrived at the airport. "London, here we come!" proclaimed Emily. "do you think we'll run into one direction?" I giggled only half joking. "will you stop it with the one direction? It seems to be all weve been hearing about lately."my dad remarked. I rolled my eyes at him. Why didn't he get that the five hottest, sweetest and most talented guys on the face of the earth were practically irresistible to his 17 year old daughter? But, whatever. While we were waiting in the boarding line, Emily pulled out her phone. "Kay, I have to tell you something." she said. By the tone in her voice, I could tell it wasn't exactly something I would want to hear. She went to her messages. "Jose is cheating on you." The words stung me. My entire body was overcome with a deep feeling of emptiness and gruesome hatred. "Give me that!" I whispered aggressively as I tore the phone out of her hands. Jose had been my boyfriend for the past 6 months and was the last person in my life I expected to hurt me like this. I began to read the texts.

Jose: hey babe, wanna come over? I have a few "plans" I'd like to carry through with >:P

Emily: eww no. Stop being an idiot Don't u have a gf who HAPPENS TO BE MY BEST FRIEND?

Jose: what she doesn't know wont hurt her. She's to stupid to know I've been seeing other people the whole freaking time. Me plus Mandy from science class = pretty hot one night stand

Emily: screw you. I'm telling her

Jose: if u do I'm gonna kick ur ass

I snapped the phone shut. My eyes stung with tears as we entered the plane. I was silent the entire time. The flight was a nightmare for a number of reasons. One of them being Owen whining. He wouldn't shut up, and to be honest, neither would Emily. "Kayla? Please don't be mad at me." she pleaded. I glared at her. "oh come on Kay. Please don't let one little thing ruin the entire vacation." she said again. I sighed with exhaustion as I rested my head on her shoulder and fell asleep. At about 7pm I was woken by a loud vibrating sound. We were landing. London was absolutely breathtaking and for a split second I forgot about Jose. Jose.... I began to cry as we exited the airport and boarded the shuttle to our hotel, the London Grand. "Isn't this exciting?" announced my mother. "Just the 5 of us here in London for a week in the middle of August" Emily agreed and started a conversation about English food. I just tuned them out. After half an hour of driving we came to a massive building marked London Grand. This was the place. We loaded our bags onto the cart, grabbed the room key and headed up the elevator to rooms 354 and 355. My parents and Owen were going to be staying in one room while Emily and I would be in the other. "I'm starving!" griped my dad. My mother replied "me too should we go get a bite to eat?" Everyone agreed...besides me and Owen. "Kay, don't you want food?" questioned my dad. At that very moment I could think of about 100 different things to say but instead I nodded my head no. "Okay then, have fun missing our first meal in London. Oh and don't forget to watch over your brother." mocked my mother. After I was sure they'd left, I ran into mine and Emily's room, Collapsed on the bed, buried myself in the sheets and began to cry. After bawling senselessly for about an hour, I finally brought myself to get out of bed. As I approached the main living area I was utterly horrified to find that the room door was open and Owen was gone.