Chapter 6: Dead Man's Ballet (Part 3)

~Time Lapse~ 

*Quinton's Pov*

I hadn't gone to see Xander much after Easter Break. He said he was busy with a lot of things. When I talked to him on the phone, he was always with a guy named Logan. They were working in a big art mural for Logan's girlfriends' library. I wasn't mad at him for it, I mean he has to work. Even Zeke was busy a lot with his job at the music store. So I had been with Seth and Lucas as much ad I could. But I really did miss Xander.. I was also wondering if something was bugging him, but he said he was fine and just busy.

I was walking through the park. I noticed a familiar short figure. It was Xander. He stood, moving his hands as he spoke to a guy and a girl. I crept up behind them, no one noticed me. I crouched silently behind a tree.

"It looks beautiful. You and Logan did a really good job? Is it almost finished?"the girl asked.

"I dunno Stacy. It shouldn't take that long." Logan said.

"Well I don't know how to pay you, Alexander." Stacy said.

"You don't have to." Xander said, he was the quietest out of the three.

"You're taking time to paint my Grandmother's library. I have to pay you." Stacy insisted.

"Let me put a vampire on it. And it wont need to be paid for." Xander said, Logan laughed. "I'm serious, Stace. You dont have to pay me." Xander told her.

"Stacy, I've got it covered." Logan said, I could hear mischievuousness in his tone.

"Alexander..." Stacy said.

"Seriously babe, I've got this." Logan said.

"Okay fine." Stacy sighed. "Alexander you can put a vampire on it." Stacy said with a laugh. "I will see you later, Logan."

"Okay, bye babe." Logan said. I heard their kiss then she walked away. I sat in a bench and sighed. I sat there silently, deep in thought. How was that guy gunna take care of it? Was he gunna pay Xander for Stacy? Or..wait..Logan.that name is familiar. A man sat on the other end of the bench. It was a old man, grey hair, sweatervest, and G-pa glasses.

"Something bringing you down, kid?" The old guy asked, he had a cigarette in his hand.

"Uh..nothing big." I said. He had a nametag from the nearby Kroger. His name was Carl.

"Thay expression says otherwise." Carl said taking a short drag.

"I'm just thinking" I told him.

"Relationship problems?" Carl asked. He was a weird old guy, most old people in town are like this.

"I guess." I answered.

"That sucks." Carl mumbled.

"I think my boyfriend my be avoiding me." I admitted glumly.

"Did you do anything to piss him off?" Carl asked. I was surprised that he didn't care that I was Gay.

"I don't think so. He said he's busy with work. But its been weeks and he's still working on that librarg mural." I explained.

"That mural is a beaut. I saw a blonde haired boy snortin coke there a while a black haired boy painted. Was that your boy?" Carl said.

"Xander is the black haired one.. Logan was the other one." I said.

"Then Logan was doin' coke." Carl said.

"Shit." I mumbled

"What?" Carl asked.

"Xander was addicted to drugs not too long back. What if Logan and him are doing drugs again?" I asked.

"Then Logan is a bad influence." Carl said, smoke whisped from his lips. "But kid, don't jump to conclusions. Xander might actually be busy."

"True.." I said. Carl smiled and continued smoking silently. "I'm Quinton by the way." I told him.

"Carl." He said happily.

~~~

Short piece I know. But this is when shit gets real okay? -Gerard