[56] violent tendencies

Start from the beginning

[ ONE HOUR LATER ]

[ ONE HOUR LATER ]

he doesn't know when he'd fallen asleep exactly but when he next opens his eyes, taehyung's stunned to find himself lying on a hospital bed, carefully being monitored by a group of doctors who fuss around him at the sight of his tired eyes blinking up at them. he winces at the dazzling LED lights overhead that threaten to pierce his pupils, the unnecessarily bright lighting making the boy weakly tilt his head to the side.

now facing his side, he spots bright city lights filtering into the airy room through the large window — the large window indicating to  taehyung that it was barely morning what with the hues of orange streaming into the room due to the lit streetlamps standing tall just outside the hospital building.

not realising he grew distracted with the startling glow of amber against the dark of the winter night sky, taehyung harshly jerks his head back when he feels warm fingers rest on his shoulder. wide eyed, taehyung stares at the female who smiles softly at him, looking absolutely delighted to see him awake.

"where. . . where am i?" taehyung croaks out timidly, voice cracking due to the lack of water he hasn't ingested in the past few hours. the nurse immediately catches on to this and hurries to grasp the tall glass of water sitting atop the bedside table.

"here you go, mr kim," she offers it to taehyung but the latter, feeling more than just disorientated, carelessly pushes the glass away as his eyes drift to the other four, maybe five, people that flock around him, busy checking charts and notes and murmuring to one another quietly.

"the patient has woken up — inform his family members outside." one of the doctors in the middle of jotting down a scrawl speaks up with an authoritative tone in her voice.

"hello, kim taehyung-ssi, you're in gwangju's medical university and hospital."

"check his vitals."

"im just going to check your breathing so please relax for me mr kim—"

"you're in safe hands now so don't worry. im senior doctor park and these are my junior nurses. how're you feeling, son?"

"whilst you slept, we performed both the usual and extensive check up on you just to see if there's any problems and–– oh my, don't look so worried; there's nothing wrong with you—"

"your family members are on the way but we do have a young man in our waiting room: his name's jae and he tells us he's your personal bodyguard. is that correct? would you like to see him?"

"what were the results for his x-rays?"

"nothing bad."