[56] violent tendencies

Start from the beginning

the vehicles continue their descent to their destination; an inconspicuous motel residing on the very outskirts of gwangju. the tacky building now stands utterly defenceless before the vehicles that surround it mercilessly and ruthlessly.

as soon as the vehicles are situated before the motel, an entire army of police officers donning thick bulletproof vests and guns strapped to leather holsters around their thighs and biceps, pour out of the cars, all racing to circle the motel with guns ready in their grasp and aiming towards the motel's bleak entrance.

bright headlights alight the dark, blaring sirens ring, officers stand ready to shoot on sight, helicopters whir overhead, heavy boots hammer against gravel and the echo of guns snapping alert resound throughout the atmosphere. but neither of the aforementioned concern park jaehwa who dashes out of his personal SUV, elbowing past officers and running straight for the motel's entrance despite police officers shouting after him, running after him.

the boy's smiling; grinning from ear to ear as he makes quick haste for the poorly lit doorway of the motel. he's ecstatic, so ecstatic to know that he's found his best friend again that he absolutely doesn't care for the commandeering police officers chasing him down, he doesn't care for his badly wrinkled suit or grim morning breath or his horridly unkept hair — right now, he doesn't care for anything but taehyung.

and with taehyung on his mind and a happy grin lacing his features, jae pushes past the doorway of the motel and stumbles into the tackt lobby where he immediately catches sight of two people. two people; one an exhausted looking woman seated behind a desk, who hastily lifts her hands in the air, visibly trembling at the sight of jae and the police officers outside, and the other person is—

"tae," jae pants, breath coming out ragged and fast  as he stands a mere metre before taehyung — taehyung who's leaning tiredly against the wall, his dull eyes staring at the chipped floorboards and looking ready to feebly pass out right there and then. "tae." jae repeats softly as he gingerly steps closer towards taehyung. the latter hears this time and looks up, lidded eyes finally noticing and recognising the boy before him.

taehyung focus
"j–jae." taehyung stutters before stumbling over to him, salty tears pooling in the inner corners of his eyes as he reaches out for his best friend with trembling hands. "jae." he repeats, this time in a sob as he draws himself towards the boy, wrapping his lithe arms around his neck and burying his tear stained face against jae's warm chest.

"hey kid, don't cry," jae murmurs against his hair as he comfortingly runs a hand through the boy's fiery coloured hair, "im here now, aren't i?"

but jungkook's not.

DEAR JUNGKOOK,
it's been hard. i know i
said to let me deal with
things on my side but
now i regret saying
that because it's just too
hard for me to handle.

there's too many people;
therapists, doctors, police
officers and news reporters;
there's too many medical
examinations, stupid
questions and too many
fucking playdoh pots
("try to reenact how you were
kidnapped with the use of this
playdoh!").

it's so tiring and im
completely and utterly
worn out by everything and
everyone.

now, all i want is to just
go home.

i hope things are going
smoother for you, kook.

DEAR JUNGKOOK,
ive never ever felt this
detached before.