5.

"Jack Frost is never heard or seen
But you can tell just where he's been
For while you're fast asleep at night
He paints the world a sparkling white."

Jack exited Ivy's bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips, his skin now having a scent of her lavender shower gel

Jack exited Ivy's bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips, his skin now having a scent of her lavender shower gel. Considering he was a spirit, he never had any bathroom needs, he didn't feel hunger nor thirst, and he didn't have any body odours. But he loved eating, drinking hot chocolate, and he enjoyed long icy baths nevertheless. A part of him still felt human.

Jack wrinkled his eyebrows as he heard a commotion coming from Ivy's kitchen. She woke up before him and went to make hot chocolate for them while he stayed snuggled up despite being awake. Today, Jack Frost woke up happier than he had ever been and wanted to give himself time to process it, go through every single detail of the last night.

With a small grin on his face, he slowly walked out of the bedroom, his mouth splitting open to yawn. His long silver hair was a damp mess yet he looked effortlessly beautiful. Walking into the kitchen, he smirked when he saw Ivy preparing hot chocolate, deciding to give her a fright. He couldn't fly without his staff, but he was pretty light on his feet, so sneaking up on her wasn't a problem.

"Don't even think about it."

Her voice surprised him, his excitement getting replaced with disappointment as he pouted, his lips pursing. "How did you know?"

"You used to do it all the time, you're so predictable." She smiled at him over her shoulder, getting a bit choked up when she realised he was half naked. Oh Lord, stay cool.

He approached her and placed his palms on her waist, spinning her around. Pressing his cold lips below her ear, he heard her suck in a breath, her hands gripping his shoulders. "Good morning."

Ivy hummed and closed her eyes, shuddering at the feel of his cold lips and nose brushing against her warm skin. Her fingers gripped the silver curls at the back of his neck, his mouth moving lower to create a line of tiny bites along her collarbones.

Ivy laughed quietly. "You are literally giving me frostbites."

Jack groaned at yet another pun, unable to keep himself from grinning. Ivy connected their lips in a firm kiss, their hands roaming their bodies as they closed any gaps that were between them, only stopping their kissing when they felt the need to hug. It was almost strange how close they became in such a short time, but all of it was the result of their feelings only growing stronger each year.

The couple got so invested into their little display of affection, they completely forgot about the stove being on and the hot chocolate Ivy had left on it. Only when the stench of burnt milk filled the air did they stop, their alarmed gazes settling on the stove.

The poor, forgotten hot chocolate was currently on fire, smoke coating the air. In her panic, Ivy grabbed Jack's towel and threw it to cover the flame, but it did nothing to smother the fire as the towel began to burn as well.