t w e n t y t w o

Start from the beginning

"Starvo, this is Rosalie," Micah looks at me, "Rose, Starvo."

"Nice to meet you," I smile.

"You too," he nods his head.

Micah snakes his arm around my waist pulling me into his chest, "Rose, met Christian on her walk here."

Starvo stares at me for a moment, "and he did nothing?"

Micah presses his fingers into my hip, like he's urging me to talk but in all honesty I don't want to. I wish I never said anything about Christian even if it meant Micah keeping his secrets from me. Micah twirls his fingers in my damp hair, "don't be shy, Rose. Come on and talk."

"He just said said sorry cause neither of us were looking we were going."

Starvo looks at Micah, who stands behind me, then he sighs, "look, Rosalie. It wouldn't have been an accident that he was there when you were, when you bumped into him. He would have planned that with people watching you."

I decide to ask him things Micah wouldn't say, "why? Why would he do that?"

"Micah and him have a.. bad past, he wants revenge yet he didn't know how to do it until rumours circled of Micah and his girl."

Micah tugs on my hair, I sigh shutting my eyes. I want to ask more questions but Micah doesn't like it. He places a few kisses up my neck, my face heats up - totally embarrassed his doing this I front of Starvo. "You're so curious," he says loudly, "so many questions with answers you shouldn't know."

Starvo clears his throat, "it was nice meeting you but I should go, I'll see you both around."

"Eyes," Micah looks at him, "I want it."

I attempt to decode his message yet I can't. I try to think of a logical reason of eyes and why he wants them but I can't, in my mind I decide his crazy. Who Starvo leaves Micah kisses me on the lips. "Wait," I mumble, "Micah I want answers."

"Answers I won't give you," he squeezes my hip. "Learn that."

"No," I shake my head stepping back, "there's nothing between us until you tell me something about this."

"Like Starvo said, we have a past and it's not a good one. He wants revenge, killing me-hurting me won't give him enough satisfaction. He needs to target something else, someone like you."

"Why me?"

"Why?" He kisses me again, "because I'd shoot any man dead who wants to hurt you and that's exactly what I'll do nets time Christian is in my path."

"What about your step father?" I ask.

Micah looks at me, "he thinks I care too much."

"Do you?"

"When it comes to you, yes."

I wrap my arms around Micah's neck, sighing.

"Pretty girls like you aren't treated like this under most people in this world, taken like your friends.. used and dumped. I guess you can say you're special, Rose."