"Mom, they came with me. It's only fair I take them back."

His mother wasn't an easy woman to deal with. She seemed to have Sharon's personality. 

I insisted he stay and enjoy his company's auction and his mom's driver could take us home. He gave in and handed Halley the keys for the house. We made our way out with him right behind us. We got into an Audi after Mr. Hollen instructed the driver on where to take us.

We arrived at the beach house an hour later. 

Halley opened the door and we went upstairs to my bedroom. "How are you feeling?" she asked as I threw myself onto my bed.

"I feel like I've been hit by a truck. My body hurts from the fall and my head is light from the alcohol."

"Get some rest," she said softly, and moved some hair from around my face. She said goodnight then went to her own room.

I laid on my bed, still fully dressed, and fell asleep almost instantly.

I awoke to the touch of someone's hand on my back. I turned my head slightly. Straining my eyes through the darkness of the room, I looked over my shoulder.

This man is going to be the death of me. What is he doing here?

"Mr. Hollen?" I whispered with sleep in my voice.

"Baby, shh. Go back to sleep."

I was too tired to even argue with him. I laid my head on my pillow and drifted back to sleep.

___________
Sunday morning arrived.

I woke up and noticed that it was just me in the bed. I must have been dreaming about him again. I got out of be, brushed my teeth, undressed then took a shower. I felt better but was thirsty as hell. When I finished dressing, I skipped downstairs to the kitchen for a glass of water. 

"Good morning," Mr. Hollen said as he came into the kitchen.

"Good morning."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine."

"I'm holding you to your proposal."

"Huh?"

"We'll spend the day teaching you to swim."

I blushed. I had forgotten all about that. 

Halley came down and we had breakfast then I went back upstairs and changed into my so-called swimwear and followed him down to the beach.

__________
"Keep your hands in front of you," he instructed as he held me in the water to show me how to swim. 

I had already made three attempts but failed. He was using an alternative technique for beginners.

"There, you see. You've got it," he cheered as I swam away from him. "Keep your head up Emma!" He followed right behind, caught me and pulled me into his arms. "There, you're a fast learner."

"Thanks to you."

"I take it you're not mad at me anymore?"

"Hmm. Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter; I already made up my mind."

"So have I."

"Oh really?"

"I'm breaking up with her as soon as she gets back."

"No. Don't do that. I realized how selfish I sounded when I told you to break up with her if you want to be with me. I'm in no position to tell you to leave your fiancee. She's a nice woman; you two make a great couple. I can't let you do something so awful, especially when she loves you."

"You're really an incredible woman, but you're wrong. I'm not leaving her for you. I'm leaving because she and I just don't have a connection."

"Stop looking for excuses. Y'all are getting married. You should go through with it; eventually, I'll find someone else."

My last statement changed the color of his eyes and I panicked. He pulled me even closer to him causing me to  lay firmly against his chest.

"You're mine," he finally spoke.

"Mr. Hollen, I can't. We can't—"

"Emma, Shut up."

His lips crashed down on mine as his hands moved over my body. My legs wrapped around his torso and I felt his erection hard against my spot. The water was cold but the moment was heated. I gave into his kiss. He let out a moan and so did I before he stopped.

"Baby, if you continue this we just might attract a shark."

It took me a few to catch what he actually meant. I giggled and slapped his hand. He's so naughty.

"Wanna take a break?"

"Okay."

He carried me out of the water, bridal style, and laid me on the beach rug he brought. He pushed my hair behind my ear and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I've fallen for you," he said softly.

"Why me, why not Halley?"

I had no idea why I asked that aloud but it slipped out because it had been on my mind for some time.

He studied my face, his eyebrows arched and his jaw clenched. "Is that a serious question?"

"Yes."

"You can't control who you fall for. I've never developed any romantic feelings for her, and I don't believe that I would."

"Okay." I was satisfied with his answer. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, baby."

"What's the truth behind the previous maid? The one you said you didn't fire."

He ran his fingers through his straight black hair as he sat up straight, looking at the horizon instead of me. He seemed emotional.

Maybe they were involved.

"The other maid wasn't a maid at all."

My heart fell. She was your girlfriend?

"She was actually a spy working for one of my competition in the industry. Her mission was to get the job as a maid in my mansion and, whenever I left documents in my office, she would send the information to the other companies so they always knew my every move. Then I met Sharon. I invited her over and she spent the night.

"I left early for work one morning, Sharon woke late and decided to visit me at work. She passed the office and noticed the maid was inside on my computer and talking on the phone. Sharon told me, but by the time I got home the maid vanished without a trace. The information on her resume was all false, including her name. So I've yet to locate her."

I was astonished and speechless. So that's why he's so protective of the office and has cameras in every important part of his house. Some people could really make it difficult for others' to have an opportunity.

"I don't know where that rumor came from about us being in a relationship. I guess the press just needed something to go on."

I felt bad for hating him over a rumor and telling myself he must be screwing all of his maids. "Thanks for telling me," I said as I leaned against his arm. 

He pulled me in for a hug and put a towel over me. We stared at the horizon in silence as the midday sun shone on.