two

I don't know why I woke up, in a cold hospital wearing absolutely nothing, or why I woke up at all. My skin was hard, cold, almost as if I were dead.

But wasn't I?

The last thing I remember was dying, my heart physically stopping the flow of blood and my brain no longer recovering oxygen. If I was dead, why wasn't I actually dead? Why was I here breathing, why did I wake up in a tiny little container? I was terrified as I opened the door, pushing myself out and stumbling onto the linoleum floor.

I stared at the my naked body, the air hitting my backside causing goosebumps to appear on my skin. I shivered, my eyes flickering to sets of scrubs stacked against the wall. I tugged on a pair quickly, my feet stumbling and moving me out of the room. I stared around me, my breathing quickening as I ran to where the stair case was held. I jumbled up the stairs, completely and utterly terrified.

I had no idea what to do, pushing open the door onto a random floor. Floor three, I think. My eyes were drawn to the little nursery, rows and rows of babies stuck behind a little glass. I smiled, feeling the tears begin to drop down. I turned, practically running towards the elevator.

Green eyes, terrified.

The doors closed before I could register him, register who he was and that I was in the hospital I died in. I glanced down, my bare feet glaring at me while I turned around in a rush. I found the stairwell again, hurrying and hurrying before my foot slipped and I landed on my butt.

It hurt, so I still had working nerves. Did I bleed? My skin was still cold and hard and I couldn't breathe.

I felt myself hyperventilate, where would I go? I had nothing, I was dead and I couldn't go home now. The only thing I could think of was the woods behind my house but that was practically a million miles away.

My head shot up, that doctor, the Japanese teacher at Ashley Waters, he was close to Kota. Both him and that guy with grey eyes.

The one that killed me...

God even more tears came out, I could still cry so something worked. I didn't even know what was happening with my body, how was I even alive? Questions and thoughts ran a million miles through my head as I forced myself up. Find blondies car, sneak into the truck. Otherwise it'll be a long night.

The sound of a door opening above me made me hurry, my own door closing behind me as I ran onto the main floor. I hurried, following the signs to the parking garage as I looked around. I followed cars, up and up till the second to last floor. I wasn't panting, something I know I would've done before.

I had no idea what was happening with my body but I finally saw the purple car I had began to associate with blondie. I shut my eyes, praying he was as big of a ditz as he looked, before pulling on the handle on the trunk.

Thank god. The trunk gave way, showing a big duffle bag with a bunch of dirty clothes. A sound made me jump, my body moving quickly to hide behind the duffel bag and pull the dirty clothes over me. I hated myself as I breathed his smell in, and felt my heart pound a little more within my chest.

I let out a breath, a beep coming from the car making my eyes widen as I glance up. I hear a door open in the front, the car shaking slightly as he gets into the car before I hear a sigh. I smell citrus right away, as well as the disinfectant I know came from the hospital.

"Idiot, I'm such an idiot." The car started after after he mumbled softly, the feeling of the car backing up lurched us into motion.

I shut my eyes, the car moving making me realize just how exhausted my body was. But I was so terrified to let myself sleep, my head shaking as I forced myself awake. The car finally stopped, the engine staying on as another door opened.

Irish Spring Soap, I inhaled it gently as tears came to my eyes. I don't know why, but I couldn't help the tears falling down my cheeks as the door shut. Another sigh, before the car started moving. The cab was silent except for soft classical music, a song is heard before but couldn't place.

"We need to talk about it, with someone." A voice spoke, my eyebrows furrowing as I laid there.

"I'll do it when I'm ready." My eyesbrows sprung up, that's the guy that hit me. The vice principal, I felt my chest pang as I remembered the look in his eye from when he stood over me.

The finality in his words left the car silent the rest of the fifteen minute drive to wherever we were headed. When it finally pulled into what I assume was a driveway and stopped, my eyes were drooping and it took all I had to not just sleep. The doors shut before the trunk opened, my body stilling the best I could before I felt the weight of the duffel bag lift up.

It shut again, and I could care less. Maybe it was the fact he was sleep deprived, or didn't think some half alive, dead thing would be hiding beneath his dirty clothes. I let out a breath, one I had been holding, before letting them slide off of me. I pushed against the trunk, panic settling onto me as it didn't budge.

Fuck.

I pushed and pushed, nothing giving away until I laid back and tried to think my way out of this. I mean, I couldn't exactly call someone. I didn't have a cell phone and even then, who the hell would I call?

I huffed, rethinking to some stupid video they had made us watch in high school when someone from a neighboring suburb had gotten kidnapped. Sometimes you could kick out one of the tail lights, and either open the trunk or signal to someone that you needed it open.

I looked at my bare feet, grimacing before I started kicking. I finally felt it give away with a decently loud crash, cringing before moving to put my hand out of the hole. I felt around as far as I could reach, finally reaching a button that I pressed and pushed up.

Yes!

I tumbled out ungracefully, laying on my back as I looked up to the darkening sky. I had no clue where I was going to go, where I was going to sleep, but I was free. Finally, weirdly, free.

"Γαμώτο." (Holy shit.)

I popped up, my eyes wide as I stared at the car that must've pulled up when I was trying to free myself. A light silver BMW, two people getting out staring at me with equally as wide of eyes. I got up slowly, watching as they stared at me like I was a ghost.

Maybe I was.

I remembered them, one of them being some hot shot piano player that I refused to admit that I listened to. His early music was beautiful, and while his newer stuff still was, it just didn't have as much emotion as it used to have. His eyes were on fire while staring at me, swarming with heat that blasted my muscles and bones until I myself felt on fire.

The other was a mountain, curly dark hair hanging onto his forehead with sinfully deep eyes. His skin was tan, or at least from what I could see in the dim light. He was dressed way more casual to his friends disheveled button down white shirt and slacks, instead choosing to wear a dark blue t shirt and black shorts.

My chest heaved as I stood up to my full height, which looked comical compared to both of them. The mountain of a man had to have been at least six foot three if not more, while the other was still much taller than me at around five nine or five foot ten.

I took a step towards the expansive woods, my eyes flickering to them. They must've seen where I was looking, because the giant took a step to me while fire eyes rapidly pressed on the screen of his phone. The sound of the door to the mansion slammed open, my wide eyes looking to where the vice principal stood within the door frame with a haunted look on his face. The same green eyes I had saw earlier reflected against my own, just as haunted and just as terrified.

And just like that, I ran.