Sickness Makes The Mind Weak

Začít od začátku

                ‘I love you Jenna.’

                JOHNNY’S POV:

                                I woke up the next morning with my arm draped around Jenna’s waist. Oh my god! I loved her so much! I pulled away and quietly got up to make sure to not wake her up. I walked out into the living room and found everyone watching Mickey Mouse. Two-Bit is obsessed with Mickey! I rolled my eyes and went to get a piece of chocolate cake. I came back to the living room and sat down next to Two-Bit and started eating my cake. Ponyboy got up, went to the kitchen and came back with a fork in his hand. He came to sit next to me and dug his fork into my cake. I rolled my eyes at him. But I didn’t care if he was eating my cake. Honestly I could care less.   

                A few hours later it was like 1:00. So I went to go wake up Jenna. Yes, she had been sleeping all day. And we tried to get her to eat but she wouldn’t budge. So I went to try again. I walked back to her room and pushed the door open. I saw her eyes still shut and knew she was still sleeping. I sighed and went over to her. I picked her up and placed my forehead to hers. I picked my head up as her eyes started to flutter open. She locked eyes with me and we just stayed that way for the longest time. Then, she spoke.

                “Johnny, I’m hungry… can you make me some eggs?” She asked with a pleading look in her eyes. How could I say no to that?

                “Course baby.” I walked over to the door and since I was holding her she opened the door. “Thanks.” She nodded and buried her head in my chest. God, now that was adorable! I carried her into the living room and placed her on the couch where Ponyboy was sitting.

                “Mornin’ sleeping beauty.” Soda said. He loved calling her that. Every time she slept in. He would call her that. And it always made her smile. Which I appreciated that Soda would do that for her. Cause’ she needs to smile more.

                “Mornin’ Sodapop.” She said while popping the ‘p’ in his name. He giggled and gave her a sort of side hug around Steve. Steve moved forward to give them more room. I just rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen to make Jenna her eggs. I got out the stuff and started making the eggs. Once I finished I put the pan and the fork I used in the sink. I put the eggs on a plate and walked into the living room. I handed Jenna the plate of eggs.

                “Thanks babe!” She said with a smile on her face. This made me smile too. Seriously! She needs to smile more! “Aww! I like your smile too Johnnycakes!” Jenna said. Oops! Forgot about the reading minds thing! I blushed a little. “You’re such a cute blusher too.” She whispered into my ear. Making me blush even more! She giggled and continued eating her eggs. Then Dally walked in.

                “Hey Jenna! I didn’t know you were awake! How’re you feelin’?” Dally asked. We all had a soft spot for Jenna. But she brought out this side of Dally no one else could. The side of him that cared for other people. I liked that side of Dally.

                “I’m fine. Just hungry.” She said while holding up her now empty plate to Dally. He took it from her and put it in the kitchen. He came back with some cake for her and she gladly took it. Dally went and stood at the door.