Chapter 27 | Churned your Heart Like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Waterfall

Start from the beginning

"Timothy," I begin. "Timothy, my friend. Listen to me."

He nods eagerly and leans forward to listen better. I sit back down on my chair and pretend to smoke a cigar.

"It was a cold day."

"As cold as your heart?" Timothy interrupts, his eyes somehow looking hopeful.

"No. It was a cold day and a doofus friend of mine..."

"Hey! Who are you calling a doofus?"

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No. By all means, go on." I nod my head and take a pull from my imaginary cigar.

"The flight to New York was long, and I had no idea as I boarded the plane that my life was going to change. Forever."

"Yay! Uncle Calum is getting married!" Timothy sing songs.

"What?" I asks, incredulous.

"Sorry. Couldn't help it. Won't happen again." I give him a disgusted look and stare at the fluorescent lights, flickering above our heads.

"Someone once told me, that we need a moment to define our lives. But I didn't know that when I walked through the security check with my S-W-A-G necklace..."

And I told him.

"Woah. That is some story. Although it's nothing special, Caecelia's and I's story is better."

"Of course." I retort.

"So? When are you going to tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"That it was you, and that you love her?"

"Wait. I never said I loved her."

"But anyone with two eyes and two ears can figure it out."

"Woah woah, Green. I can't love her after spending just a day with her!" I argue.

"You've already spent two months with her."

"That doesn't count. She doesn't know the truth, she knows me as her boss. And she probably hates me."

"She probably hates the stone hearted boss, but she loves the Calum she met on the plane."

"This is how I really am, Timothy." I sigh, closing my eyes and running a hand over my face.

"I disagree."

"I wasn't negotiating it. It's the truth. If she figures out that the happy person I was on the plane and the cold boss that I'm now are the same person, she might never see me the same."

"She won't see you the same, Calum. She'll see you for the better."

"I don't see how."

"You're taking her with you this Sunday, right? Show her you aren't cold. Show her a glimpse of your real self."

I contemplate his advice for a second.
And then I nod, confident.

"Do you think, if I ever tell her the truth, that she can take it?"

"If she really is the person you think she is, I'll bet she'll be glad it's you."

~•~

Uh, filler chapter much?

Ambrosia: You made me lazy, fat, ugly and clumsy. How am I an inspiration to all those girls out there?

Author: You were always meant to be chubby, Ambrosia.

Ambrosia: (whispering) she's just too afraid to say that she wrote me keeping herself in mind.

Author: Why? Why are you doing this?

Ambrosia: because you made me look like a troll. I was supposed to be a blonde princess with long tresses and a pet chameleon and a bad witch has locked me in a high tower...

Calum: I'll sedate her. Run.

Author: Do vote! Okay bye, gotta rush!