XXI. ANOTHER YEAR GONE BY

Start from the beginning

     "What's the matter, Professor?" Harry asked, receiving nods from either side of him.

    "You all have a visitor waiting in my office." She answered, lowering her tone from across corridor. "Follow me, if you would."

       And with that, the four of us scurried quickly along the almost deserted corridor.

      As we passed the doorway and arrived in Professor McGonagall's office, we heard a rather high pitched scream.

It was Mrs Weasley.

Her eyes were coated with a glossy layer of tears, which seemed to be in the process of drying up. She leapt to her feet after sitting patiently in her chair, as she flung herself over the five of us, mostly holding onto Ginny.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're all okay!" She beamed, letting go of us all. Miles instantly looked over towards me, giving me a look which patently told me he didn't have the slightest clue who this woman was. It had confused me quite a bit, as I assumed Miles would've been able to figure out that this red-haired, older looking lady must've been related to Ron in some way.

"Oh, Miles, this is Mrs Weasley!" I openly announced. Miles then gave me the 'oh so that's who it is' look before sharing another small hug with the women herself. Glancing over at the opposite end of the room, I noticed Dumbledore, beaming towards me and the rest of the group who didn't seem to notice.

"Very sorry about that, Miles." Molly said, dusting down his now dusted up robes.

"No need to apologise." He replied, shooting her a confident, toothy like smile.

     "I'm sure that you all will wish to discuss this in many further details at home," Dumbledore added, which seemingly caught the boys completely off guard. "So for now, let's all have a lemon drop, shall we?" He carefully picked up a glass tray containing the so-called goods and ushered everyone over to join him. As we approached, we each took a lemon drop from the dish, unwrapping it quickly and shoving it into our mouths.

"Ahh!" He beamed, chewing on the sweet with sheer delight. "Always been my favourite these have; they're a rather obsessive sweet."

And that was when everyone began to laugh, so indulged in the present moment. And although I still had an immense amount on my mind, it was hard not to enjoy this small, yet unforgettable moment.

     I knew that all in good time, things about my family were sure to fall elegantly into place, and I knew exactly what I'd be asking Dumbledore when I came back for my third year at Hogwarts...

        That's when I knew I'd be ready...

* * *

The end of term banquet had arrived around a week later, meaning that the school year had almost come to a conclusion. Dumbledore had mentioned that all students who had been petrified, were sure to be fine within the next couple of days — this meant that I (along with the four boys) could finally be reunited with Lisa and Hermione, two people our group wasn't complete without.

       "Can you believe that our second year is over already?" I questioned Miles, taking a large bite into an apple I had caught sight of. "It seems like only yesterday I flew Mr Weasley's car into the Whomping Willow."

     "I know," Miles chuckled. "time does seem to fly when you're having fun, huh?"

     Sorry, I completely forgot to mention the fact that the banquet was entirely different this year. Everybody was dressed in their pyjamas, and celebrations for the heroic act of the three boys lasted all night. I didn't know if I'd be able to last that long, but I'd certainly give it my all.

    "I really wish Hermione and Lisa were here to join us." I admitted, as Miles nodded in agreement. "It's not the same without them."

    "Too bad you won't have to worry about that." A squeaky voice spoke from behind. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Lisa, who couldn't seem to contain all of her excitement. I stood up almost immediately, pulling her in for a tight hug. Once we'd disconnected, I noticed that Hermione was standing with the two Gryffindor boys. That's it, they were safe.

      "It's good to be back." Lisa admitted, linking arms with Miles. I smiled.

    "We couldn't have solved this without you both." Once I'd said this, Lisa blushed, having no choice but to look down at the floor.

      "I love you guys, really, I do."

"We love you too, Lisa." Miles said as I nodded in agreement. He then delicately placed a hand on each of our shoulders.

        "We love you, too."