forty-seven

the next morning, the sun is gleaming so softly on the leaves. the sun is beginning to rise amongst the trees. the birds frantically trying to feed their own wakes me up. ethan is still tangled between me. ever so lightly i let go and find some coffee, its very early as i can tell from the shades of burnt orange still twisting its way into the blue.

for once in my life i've actually gotten a little sleep, not a lot but at least i got some. thank god for coffee. i find a strainer and try to figure out how to make coffee out of this mechanism. i'm so used to coffee machines or buying one,p but i guess theres the beauty before technology.

i leave the window ajar, letting a loose breeze make its way into the home. it is slightly chilly, however i love the cold. i rummage around for two cups and serve the freshly brewed coffee, i'm not entirely sure i did it correct but its coffee right? it all tastes the same.

i don't remember falling asleep last night but i do remember feeling safe, something that has never been a given for me.

it never appeared to me but i'm wearing ethan's sweater, it's red and is much more lengthy that its supposed to fit on my body.

"morning pretty," i ruffle his bed hair.

"did you just call me pretty, i mean i'm flattered and all but pretty really? what about handsome or hot or the guy of your dreams," he laughs.

"it's a little early for being self-indulged ethan.."

"ouch," he takes the coffee and sips.

he sits the coffee down on the coffee table and asks,"so how long are we staying? not going to lie but i love it here and i'm not planning on going home anytime soon."

mid conversation ethan gets a text, i did't expect to have service out here but i guess he does.

"it's grayson, he misses me aw, bless him," ethan sympathies.

"i'm honestly not surprised, you two are tight," i begin to slowly pace the back porch.

"i forgot to tell you something," he interrupts.

"what?" i question.

"you look so good in my clothes, i should lend you more of my sweaters," he winks at me.

"oh hush it you," i play.

"what are we going to do today?" ethan asks.

"well my aunty has some old board games and cards, we can just relax today?"

"sounds chill with me gorgeous," he begins to hug me from behind.