Chapter 2

I forgot to mention it's November currently the time this story takes place

The bartender placed down two small glasses and filled them to the brim with the dark liquid that Winter was often used to seeing from when guys took her out for drinks."Two shots sir."

"Qrow, this wasn't what I had in mind."

"I needed a drink."

....

"You can order whatever you want, I'm paying." Qrow flashed out his card while swigging down the shot. Winter was about to pick up the second glass to down but before she could Qrow took the glass and chugged it before she could even lift up her hand.

This guy.

Winter couldn't help but laugh. She never had someone do that to her before.

Qrow stared at her. "What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry Qrow, I just thought that glass was for me." Winter giggled.

"Oh... Shit, let me order you another one then." Qrow called out to the bartender. "Could we get two more shots?"

Winter piped in. "Make that three please. Oh and get me a large plate of seasoned cheese fries."

"You got it miss." Replied the bartender as he set down her orders.

Qrow glared at her.

"Hey, you're paying." She shrugged and smiled at him while she took a fry and chugged it down with the two shots. To her surprise, Qrow took one of her fries and ate it.

"You're right. I am paying." He smirked and took a shot.

They spent that whole afternoon talking about what Qrow missed in Vale. Old news, funny stories and the previous Vytal festival that happened two years ago,.

"Holy shit." Qrow laughed. "He slipped on a banana and lost? No way! That's the most embarrassing way to go."

"It was amazingly hilarious, you should have been there! In fact, the next Vytal festival is next year, you should go!"

"Sure, why the hell not?" Qrow said eating the last of his burger and downing his 7th shot. Winter following with her 6th.

Qrow looked at the clock in the bar. "Oh what the hell, when did we get here?"

"Around 11 I think."

"Alright, it's getting pretty late, we should go back home before it gets too dark."

Winter looked at the clock, it read 7:42. Whoa, time flew by fast. Winter didn't know if it was the drinks or if she was just having fun. More on she was having a blast, but she felt odd. She didn't want her time to end with Qrow. He was amazing, not once did she get bored of his relaxed demeanor.

"Well sun's still up, and I kind of don't want to go home right now, take me out for a movie?" This was a first for Winter. She never asked a guy to stay with her first. Especially not after a drink.

Qrow took out his card and placed it on the table. While the bartender was busy inputting the money to the register, Qrow looked at her. "Alright, but this time, you're paying. And I want some candy along with my popcorn and drinks."

Fuck it Winter thought.

"Then let's go!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

After the movie

"Holy shi-"

"Did you see that? Winter! He cut off his balls!" Qrow laughed holding his hand to his stomach while they walked away from the theater together. "I'm so done! I can't, that was ama-"

"Ugh, don't remind me anymore. The last thing I want to be reminded of before I retire for the night is a pair of balls on the floor." Winter shuddered wrapping her arms around herself.

Qrow placed his jacket around her shoulders. "Still you gotta admit, that was pretty funny."

"Thanks Qrow."

He turned his face towards her and smiled, but quickly broke off eye contact and stared at a shop next to Winter. Her eyes followed.

Burger Mania.

"You must really like burgers." Winter noticed.

"It's my favorite."

"Want to get some to go before we go home?"

"Yes, I need this in my life right now." He said already opening the door.

Qrow ordered three gourmet burgers and Winter ordered two. Qrow payed for her while she took out her card, "I'm paying for next time then okay?" That was slick she thought to herself, basically securing herself a next time. Whatever that meant.

"Well if you really want to, but next time you get to choose the place where we go." Qrow quickly realized why they were here in the first place. "Oh shoot, we were supposed to review our materials for the class next semester."

"Then our next place will be at a cafe, when are you free?"

"Whenever you are, we both have the same job basically and the same schedules."

"That's right isn't it?" Winter almost forgot about their rearrangements.

"Well how about we meet up again the day after tomorrow? I'd like to visit my sister and update her about my situation, I'm sure she'd be happy to hear that I'm going to be a teacher for her school." Thinking about Weiss

"Sure, I have some family I have to go visit too." Thinking about Yang and Ruby.

They returned to the doors of Winter apartment, Qrow handed Winter her plastic bag of burgers and as she took it she gave him a smile and a nod, "Thanks for today Qrow, I had fun."

He let out a sigh of relief, "That's good, you needed a proper break from all that bull that military was giving you. Can't expect they give you much breaks there huh?"

Winter chuckled at the thought. "Not really, but take away all the paperwork, and it's almost kind of enjoyable."

"Yeesh, paperwork, I don't like the sound of that."

"Yes well, that's the only thing you're going to be doing this next year, you're a teacher now remember?"

Qrow groaned, "I hate school" Sighing, he looked at his watch, "Well Winter, thanks for the fun welcoming party, have a good night, enjoy your burgers and sleep well."

"Goodnight Qrow." She gave him back his jacket.

"Night" He said while walking back to his own apartment.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry for being lazy, had finals ;-;