A2

I shoveled my spoon into my coldstone ice cream and took a big scoop, Alfred refused to tell me what my mum said to him, I had to swallow up my laughter because he looked really sad, my mum and Funke were just the same, he should be happy he had people in his life keeping him in check. "Heyyy cheer up, you brought me out to make me happy, don't get all sad on me" I glared and made a sling with my spoon and made a perfect shot at his white Polo "heyyy" he flared up, "heyyy yourself" i mimicked him and feigned annoyance and stood up "where are you going to" "home" "home?" "Yes, home, I don't like the fact that you are being a jerk" as I moved past him, he tugged at my arm and smiled "sit" I glared at him "tone", he chuckled "please sit" I obliged and smiled at my handiwork that was melting on his Polo "I'll get you for that" "God didn't teach you to revenge" "I'm getting a lot of lecture nowadays, I must really suck at being a believer" "Amen brother" he snickered and rubbed my nose with the melted ice cream on his Polo.
I texted Funke on our way back and told Alfred to take a turn to her place, he said he would only do it if I don't clean off the ice cream that was dripping from my nose to my vintage shirt, I frowned and fought the urge to scratch at my nose soooo cold I sighed "fine, hit on it" Alfred drove as if we had to take pleasure in every sec of life (not that we don't have to, though) I knew it was intentional...I hate him.
Funke cracked up in her Funkeish way (loud laugh while pointing and hitting Alfred, really hard) "what happened to your nose and shirt" by now, my boobs center was soaked (not a lot, but in a significant way) "you are such a caring friend" I smiled (obviously fake). "You strawberries should come in, I'm home alone, no interruptions" Alfred shouted as he locked his car "did you cook?" "Heyyy you promised to" Alfred grimaced "ha ha I got you, finally" I stared at both of them and walked into the living room "so mum's aware that you guys are around, I had to get her permission, African parents and all" I and Alfred chorused "tell us about it" obviously we were all victims of having African parents.
"So are you done with the assignment on fungi; you know you would be the first to start", Funke frowned "just thinking about it makes me sick" "there's nothing you can do" she glared at Alfred as he stuck out his tongue, "get into the kitchen and start cooking" Alfred groaned and surprisingly obeyed.
I raised a suspicious brow at Funke "Funke Adetunbi, what do you have on Alfred" Funke smiled mischievously "oh well, just some some" "spill" "uggghhhh, fine, he promised that he would never step foot in my house and that if he did, he would make his best dish ever, for me" I was surprised "wow, that's a dope bet" "yup" she smirked.
I sauntered into Funke's room, been quite a long time since I've been in here, Funke's place was really far away from ours, I looked around and smiled at the picture frame that was embedded with two cheeky smiley faces, "I miss growing up" she smiled while peering from the doorway, "yea me too, how's the Chef coming along" "quite fantastic, he can really cook" sarcasm dripped from her lips as we laughed, "you might actually be surprised that the meal would turn out great" Funke rolled her eyes "yea, let's hope so".

******
Smirking at me and taking a bow as she walked back to her seat with swag, was my one and only Funke, Mrs Iyetule gave some nice comments about it, and I was happy, because I suffered throughout the night, staying up for, as Funke called it; make it or face Mrs Iyetule's wrath preparatory presentation. As I crawled towards my next lecture hall, I saw eager eyes waiting for me to catch up at the corner close to my next class "do I know you?" the tall, smiley guy shook his head "nahh, but I know you" I sighed and realised what was happening, or so I thought "you're new and you need my help around, hy I'm Adaobi, I'm a little bumped up but if y...." "My name's Tunde Adelayo, and no I'm not new here" now I'm confused, I stared at him and wriggled my brows as indication for him to continue "oh yea, we attend the same church, no not in that way, I'm not stalking you, my mum needs to know the date for the women's get together brunch" he snickered and drove his hands into his Ankara shorts, "I'm so sorry, I'm really tired, wasn't thinking clearly and I don't normally jump into conclusion like that" he raised a brow "really" I chuckled "okay,maybe a little, 24th of this month, do have a blessed day Tunde" I accelerated my speed and dashed into my next class Lord Jesus, help me not doze off in this class.