Chapter 64

Hallo guys, I'm glad you're here again! Because I am too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60LLKmpgzRM

Avery's POV

It was there, even if I didn't hear it all the time I knew it was there.

The sound of a beautiful piano lullaby.

(Song above, listen to it or find it in Youtube, link above)

It carried so much emotion that my heart tightened in my chest.

'My heart?'

I was sure it had burned in the flames.

I knew I had to get closer to the sound but I didn't know how.

Suddenly my eyes snapped open.

'My eyes?'

Hadn't they burnt to ashes?

My eyes flickered around, my surroundings were unfamiliar to me but all that mattered right now was the sound of the piano.

Effortlessly my feet swung to the ground from the bed I was on. For the first time in long my legs didn't sway when I tried to walk but I didn't even notice that.

Making my way out of the room, I was met by a hall that I had not seen before. The walls where decorated in pure luxury and the floor gleamed of tidiness but all of that passed my eyes.

I had only one thing in mind and that was, the sound of the piano and that I wanted to get to it. The notes played in perfect harmony attracted me like a moth to a flame.

It was at the end of the hall and in front of a set of double doors where the sound came from. Without hesitation I pushed the door open.

My eyes traveled from the plush floor to the neat furniture further to the dark grand piano that was placed beside a large rounded window, that's where my eyes stopped.

Closing the door quietly behind me, I stood and stared.

It was him.

He was dressed in dark, a strong contrast to his light and yet luscious skin.

His jaw was clenched, not in anger but in something much deeper. His eyes were closed and the rest of his face seemed relaxed.

His elegant fingers slid effortlessly across the keys.

I had seen him play before but that had been in a dream.

'Is this a dream?'

No I was certain that this was real.

How I was still here and why, were things I would contemplate over later.

All that mattered now was the man of perfection in front of me. All the things he had done to me, were only at the back of my mind.

I hadn't forgotten, oh no, but it didn't matter at the moment.

Slowly I sauntered closer, he had stopped playing but his eyes were still closed, when he opened them they landed straight on mine.

I had the urge to gasp but managed to stay quiet.

"Avery," the whisper left his lips and his eyes poured out all the emotion he had always kept in.
There was something different about him, his aura radiated more power but it was controlled power.

His leg came over straddling the piano stool.

I was close to him now, close enough to stop him from standing up like he was going to.