Missing In Action.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Have wonderful holidays and love to you all.

And... Go!

Cullen.

I worked at my desk, we had lost so many in Adamant Fortress, their families had to be told of their loss.
This was the worst part of the job, I was soul crushing writing down the names of the men and women who died for our cause to save Thedas.

I threw down my quill and rubbed my eyes, I was exhausted but I grinned slowly with the memory of Anika and our kiss on the Battlements.

I prayed to the Maker it wasn't a dream but even so I could sense it wasn't, how else could I feel her lips on mine still like an imprint on my flesh?

She had left to assist the second watchtower from some kind of attack.
Yet we had heard nothing for hours and I worried. Of course I did every time she left those gates I worried.
She was reckless and brave, maybe one of the reasons she meant so much to me.
But my heart couldn't take the worry.

I was too distracted to focus so I pushed myself away from the desk and walked out the right door towards the battlements.
I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, what to do?

I looked towards where the scout tower was, nothing it was silent.
Why were they not back yet?

"Commander?" a voice questioned, I looked behind me and smiled slightly, "Seeker, it has been awhile".
Cassandra came and stood beside me just as Anika did in those early morning hours.

Cassandra looked at me as if analysing any changes. "It looks as if your winning your war my friend." I nodded, "It has become much easier to cope with the change yet I still fear the night."
Cassandra smiled, "I hear your nights have become most interesting my dear commander" she sassed and beckoned me to follow her.

I frowned and followed, "What do you mean by that Seeker?" She smiled and walked on towards the gate, "Guards talk Cullen and Lelliana saw you from her tower." I groaned, now the whole of Skyhold will know that i had kissed the Inquisitor.
And what a kiss.

"Seeker are you here to mock me? -" "No no my good friend" she smiled approaching Josephine who was inspecting a silks merchants goods.

"I am here to congratulate you. She makes you look lighter and you have cared for her for far too long" I rubbed the back of my neck, dear dear.
"Also this, she is our leader and a friend I could not be without. You even get the notion to hurt her I'll-"
"Cassandra I think our commander understands your threat" I looked towards my left and groaned again.

Lelliana and Josephine had joined our conversation, "Josephine, would you have thought our commander and our Inquisitor would get together so soon?" Josephine laughed, "Not in this war!" I groaned a third time, this was humiliating.

However our cosy chat was destroyed by the sound of our horns, "Commander, I see stragglers!" called a solider from high on the battlements.
"Open the gate then!" I roared back, she had returned.

The soldiers did as I commanded and the gate open and the drawbridge lowered.

Yet we were greeted with a worse sight.

Two soldiers were holding off a Venitori mage and a red Templar and young Cole carried a bleeding Dorian.

"Dorian!" roared Bull who had appeared with his Chargers.
He lead them forward, Dalish and Krem had grabbed Cole as Bull lifted Dorian away in his arms,
The rest assisted the two remaining soliders.

The Venitori fell to their blades while the red Templar was pushed from the bridge and fell into the dark chasm below.

"Cole!" Cassandra caught him from Dalish and Krem who helped the rest of the chargers close the gate.

"Cole where is Anika?!" I cried, she wasn't there!
"Red and blinding, it was a trap to lure her out. He knew she would go to them." I began to shake, "He was going to end us" Dorian piped up leaning against Bull, as the Chargers medic began to patch him up.

"But she agreed to go willingly if he let us go, it was trick as he sent those two to kill us." Cassandra growled, "Who laid the trap Dorian?" Lelliana asked, she looked down right murderess.

"Leader of the Red Templars."
I growled my fists crunching in anger, my throat filled with fire and my heart with the call for his blood if he even touched her.

"Samson".

HEX.