Our Hearts Have Burned.

Well isn't this going well?
I'm certainly enjoying writing this as I hope you are enjoying reading it. Thank you.

Begin!

Fire.

Fire rained down from the skies, the people screamed in fear and ran for shelter as the wooden houses and tents burned.

What the Maker was going on!?

"Herald! Help us!" someone cried from a burning home not a few feet away. I ran to assist but the house collapsed and the screams died out.

"NO!" I roared, they were gone.
Cassandra grabbed my wrist and pulled towards the town.
"Hurry there are more innocent in the Valley!" I took one last mournful look at the burning ruins of the home and turned and followed Cassandra.

On the way to the Main Gate, we saved and lost a number of innocence.
Cullen, Lelliana and Josie all wait by the gate for us.

"Herald! I'm glad your not dead, sadly no time to celebrate we have an army catapulting fire and marching towards Haven." Lelliana stated looking panicked.
"Under what banner do they fly?" Josie asked, "None" Cullen answered looking at me with a slight hint of relief in his eyes.
"None!?" she repeated in horror.

BANG!
A small bang erupted from behind the gate, "If you could open this gate I'd really appreciate it." a strange voice grunted, Cullen and I jumped forward and wrenched the gate open together.

Behind the gate was a well dressed mage with dark trimmed hair and a curved mustache.

"My name is Dorian, I have come to warn you. The army behind is filled with the rebel mages and Venitori warriors. They are lead by Calpernia, she serves him." Dorian exclaimed point the the highest cliff, "The Elder One" as if on cue a roar from the army q grew louder as they charged.

"They come for you Herald as you closed his hole in the sky, I came to warn you as quickly as I could."

Dorian wobbled on his feet and I grabbed him before he fell.
"Get him safe to rest in the Chantry!"
I called out and Josie took his arm and lead him away.

"Lelliana, Cullen I need a plan. Anything you've got."
"Haven is not a fortress we cannot hope to defend it" Cassandra said.

They both thought for a moment before Cullen cried "The catapult, it still stands, angle it to your North-west and hit that mountain side" He said point to it. "One collision will cause an avalanche covering the enemy force. Suffocating them under the snow".

"Right, Cassandra with me.
Varric, Cole, Sera collect all the villagers and pilgrims and protect them within the chantry. Take Bulls Chargers too.
Iron Bull and Blackwall, go with Vivienne and Solas place anti-fire wards around the chantry itself help against fire from the air."

They all took my commands and dispersed, I turned to Lelliana and Cullen.
"Lelliana use your spies to figure a way for the pilgrims to be evacuated.
And Cullen get your men to protect this wall and gate. Some men might get through."

They both nodded and left.
"Come Cassandra, let's go play in snow".

**