Chapter 16: What....the.....hell?

Start from the beginning

Since neither of us slept last night, we decide that sleep is a good idea, and so I make my way into his room, while he lies on the sofa. I give him a strange look, causing him to become confused.
"What?" He asks, and I laugh.
"You can sleep in your bed you know," I laugh.
"Really? I thought?" He starts but does not finish as I offer my hand out to him and he eagerly jumps up, taking my hand as I lead him into the room.
He took his shirt off, exposing his beautiful body, and crawled under the covers, right behind me.
"Goodnight babe," he says, but I do not reply as I am falling into sleep, finally able to now that he is back and safe, even if it is only for the time being.

The next day

I rode the train and got the bus back to my old house, where my mom greeted me at the door, tears streaming down her face. I let a few of my own tears slip down, but not to many. She was frantic about my injuries, asking me who it was and if I was okay. I told her I was walking down a street late at night and I was mugged by these people dressed in all black. Then she started to worry about where I had moved and if it was safe and started to lecture me on the importance of walking home at a decent time with a group of people. I took her advice and spent the day with her, learning what she had been doing while she was on her own in the house. I noticed how she has redecorated the living room and hallway, extremely cleaned the kitchen so it looks like a model of a show home and I saw that she had bought a dog to keep her company. I was glad she wouldn't be alone, that was what I was always worrying about. 
When it was time for me to leave, my stomach was full of her homemade casserole and I was reluctant to walk out again. I needed to go home before it got dark, so I said my goodbye, not allowing myself to cry again. My mom did the same and then I left her alone, again.
I returned home, my mood saddened by having to say goodbye to my mom again, and Nathan sensed it, running me a bubble bath and buying me a new pair of pyjamas. As I slept in his arms, I understood how lucky I was to have him.

I wake up to an empty room, Nathan's presence missing. I sit up, rubbing my eyes and notice he has left a sheet of paper on the bed.

Morning baby,

I had to go to work today and I didn't want to wake you up, you looked so sweet. I've planned a surprise for you tonight, our first date, since you never got one. I'll pick you up at seven, dress warm

Nathan xx

I frowned, realising I never did get a first date with Nathan, awkwardly talking about ourselves. I didn't get to know him that way, I got to know him by living with him. I got to know all of his annoying habits and his cute habits before I even knew about his job. I guess I am excited about the date, but how can it be a first date when I already know everything? 
"Hello?" I answer the phone when it rings with Steph's number.
"Hey Lily, I was just wondering if you wanted to come over today? I heard you were off work and I wanted to talk to you, since I haven't in so long. I'm sorry for being a complete bitch, I was a fucking horrible friend, I just wanted to make it up," she apologises and I smile, at least that is going to be okay.
"I'll be over as soon as and don't worry about it, it's all forgotten about," I say and hear her sigh with relief.
"Thank you and I have some news, but I'll tell you when you get here, bye!" She rushes, making me wonder what it could be that she wants to tell me. 

I knock the door, thinking it more polite to do that then use my key. She opens the it and immediatley pulls me into a hug, wrapping her arms around me tightly. 
"I've missed you so much Lil," she says and I smile, hugging her back just as tightly.
"I missed you too," I reply and she immediatle pulls me inside, sitting me next to Kelly, who looks better than the last time I saw her. Thankfully, my broozing has started to go down and the red marks and cuts are healing.
They start by thanking me for the other night, for doing something not may other people would have done. I tell them it's fine and then congratulate Kelly who hasn't spoken to that evil monster since that night. She doesn't know he's in hospital, and so I don't tell her, thinking it better that she doesn't know.
"I wanted to tell you something," Steph starts, not looking me in the eye. 
"What?"
"Please don't hate me when I tell you though, I still need you as a friend. He was meant to be here today to tell you, we wanted to do it together, but he couldn't so I am just going to do it, you deserve to know at least," she babbles and I become more and more scared.
"For a month and a bit, well since I first saw him, I've been seeing Ollie," she finishes and I stop. Ollie as in my brother? My twenty year old brother? Steph is with my brother? What...The...Hell?
"W-w-what?"
"We didn't really plan on it, I was so grateful for what he did, and then he gave me his number and we've talked non stop since and well, yeah," she explains and I stay in complete shock, debating whether or not I should punch her. No, I can't be mad at her for not telling me, because that is exactly what I have  done with Nathan. It would be hypcritical for me to do so.
"Okay, urrrm, okay," I repeat and then look directly at Steph.
"Rule number one is that you cannot talk about anything you do with him in your own time, rule number two is that you can't tell him I know, I want to see if he ever decides to tell me and rule number three is that you cannot hurt him or I swear to God," I say and watch as she smiles widely, nodding.
"Thank you so fucking much," she wraps her arms around me, hugging me again. Everythings fits into place as I try to remember any signs. He was the person she was talking to on the phone, she is the reason why he knew something was wrong with me and why he always wants to talk to her. How did I not see that? 
Kelly gives us an approving look before we started to speak properly, catching up.