Chapter 7 - An accident

Start from the beginning

"You making breakfast?" He asks looking at the milk and cereal I've left out on the table. I nod and turn to make it before the sore pain shoots up through my system. I stumble a little.
"Are you okay?" He asks. "You're limping."

"I'm fine," I wince through gritted teeth. I suddenly notice a small purple bruise on my shoulder. "Hey Tae. Can you-" I'm cut off by the sight of him holding the grey socks on the end of his finger.

"Who does this belong to?" He asks. He doesn't have to wait for my response as my guilt is shown all over my face. "They're his, aren't they? They're Jungkook's." I nod bowing my head in shame. However instead of getting annoyed he walks over to me.
"Is that why you're limping? Did he hurt you?"

No. I hurt him.

The fact you didn't react immediately makes him assume he did.

"I'm going to kill that bastard," he says heading towards the door. I jump forwards and grab his shirt cuff. The sudden movement causing me to drop to the floor in pain. He turns around as I hug my stomach in pain.
"I'm sorry," he says tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. I pray to God that he doesn't notice the mark on my neck. Luckily he doesn't.

"He didn't do anything," I tell him. "He actually comforted me." He smiles at me. I can only muster enough energy to lift one side of my mouth. I stand up ignoring the pain in my stomach as the headache has finally gone.
"I'm going to finish getting ready," I say. "Can you make my breakfast?" He agrees. I eventually reach the top of the stairs I walk into the bathroom to cover up the bruise on my neck. After successfully doing so I come back downstairs and eat the food Tae has made me, then we head to school with me still hiding my awful secret.

I'm sorry Tae.

***

It's been a week and a but since I lost my virginity and I still haven't told anyone. I feel awful for not telling Ru-Ri, but what would she think of me. Tae's step-mother still hasn't tried to meet up with me after I didn't turn up to meet her. My body still feels wrecked but it's probably because I can't sleep. The guilt of what I did to Tae always creeps up my back when I am about to doze off. But worse than how I feel is that Jungkook hasn't shown up for a whole week. No-one has seen him, it's if he was just a dream. However he isn't a dream, he's a person I care greatly for and I need to find him, to apologise for the way I spoke to him, for the way I hurt him.

I make it out of my last lecture and walk out with the girls. Jang-Mi turns to us.

"Have you seen Jungkook recently?" She asks everyone. The other girls shake their heads and continue to drink their drinks they never finished at break. I, on the other hand, decide to freeze up and look like a total idiot.

"Ask Ai-yeon," says Seulgi smiling cutely towards the rest of us. "She knows him the best."

"Oh yeah Ai-yeon," Jang-Mi smirks. I open my eyes widely and awkwardly look to the side as if I am not listening. "So you never explained it to us. I believe you told us that you didn't know him."

Fuck, why do they have remember that?

"What?" I turn to them pretending to be clueless.

"I asked why you lied about knowing Jungkook," Jang-Mi says.

"I didn't know him," I explain. I mean I'm not really lying, I'd only met him once before. "I'd just met him once. I guess he didn't know anyone else here and wanted to talk to a familiar face." Jang-Mi nods as if it is making sense until...

"But then why did he get annoyed at Tae last week?" Seulgi asked.

Dammit Seulgi. You never seem to pay attention to the world around you, but then as soon as people are reminiscing you know more than everyone else. What a strange girl you are.