Free! Various X Reader [Free! Eternal Summer]

Start from the beginning

"How...?"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

3rd Person

(Name) surpassed her shocked stage and laughed, Rin copying her actions.

"Rin!! Damn you Matsuoka! You never keep in contact, do you?" she pushed him softly, not really making him budge.

"Heh. Nice to see you again, (Name)," He turned towards the white haired backstroker next.

"You too Kazumi."

Said girl rolled her eyes, offering the eldest Matsuoka a smile. "Back at ya, Jaws."

Rin chortled. "Seriously? Still with that nickname?" He looked at Sousuke who was staring at the two girls. "Oi. You still remember them, right?"

Sousuke smirked. "How can I not? Kazumi, I still remember that race we had. Still can't believe you beat me. And (Name), I heard you got scouted! Good for you!"

(Name) smiled at Sousuke.

"Thank you Sou-chan! If you didn't know, Kazuchii here for scouted too! She placed the record for the shortest time in woman's 200m backstroke during Regionals!"

Kazumi blushed. Rin grinned. "Really?? Sugoi Kazuchii~"

Kazumi slapped Rin's arm. "Shut up. You and Haru set records too right? For free and fly?"

Rin nodded, validating her words. "Mhmm."

"Ne (Nickname), Kazu, you guys are competing in Nationals right?" Came a question from Sousuke.

"Hai. (Name) is in the 100m free, 200m free, 100m fly and the medley relay. I'm in 200m back, 200m fly and the relay." Kazumi spoke.

Rin and Sousuke nodded, understanding.

"Damn. You guys are so good! Congrats for making it that far!" Rin exclaimed in awe.

The two Kaiisei third year's faces turned a light scarlet. "Arigato." They synced.

"What about Samezuka? We didn't watch your events but I'm sure you guys are moving on to Nationals too, right?" (Name) asked.

Sousuke and Rin looked a little down at the question. "W-well... We got second place in the relay. And.. As you know, we couldn't make it to the Nationals." (Name)'s eyes widened.

"O-oh! I'm sorry!" Rin smiled at her apology.

"Don't be. It had nothing to do with you guys. We scored most of our individual events first anyways. The guys at the relay were seriously good." Sousuke mused.

Kazumi raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? Who won first?"

Sousuke and Rin looked at each other.

"Iwatobi."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Kazumi's POV

After we walked out of the train, we headed to school.

Time passed rather quickly as I remembered the conversation we had with Rin and Sousuke.

"Iwatobi." They said.

Me and (Name) looked at each other in surprise.

"Haru, Makoto, Nagisa and Rei...?!"

"Yeah." Sousuke nodded solemnly. "It's still quite a tough subject for us, but they won fair and square." He smiled at Rin. "And we had a lot of fun."

Rin grinned, flashing his shark teeth. "True!"

(Name) smiled along with them. "That's wonderful! I'm guessing some of them are scouted?"

Rin nodded. "Makoto told me that Haru's been scouted. We just don't know if he'll accept." He gave us a smug look. "I've been scouted too."

I gave him a look. "Really? Hard to believe that you of all people would get scouted."

Rin pouted. "Aww... Kazuchii's so cold!! It's hard to believe that you would get scouted too!!"

My eyebrow twitched in annoyance while (Name) stifled her laughter. Even Sousuke looked like he had a hard time holding in his laugh.

"Jaws. I swear. If you don't want to loose your teeth, then I suggest you stop the teasing. U. ru. sa. i."

I let a faint smile grace my lips at the memory. (Name) who was on the table beside me noticed. "Ne ne Kazumi, thinking about the train ride?"

I chuckled. "Yup. I can't wait for the joint practice between us and Iwatobi! Finally we get to spend time together.... Before...."

(Name) and I looked at each other sadly.

"Before we graduate..."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Thank you so much for reading this!

Your votes and comments are appreciated!

Peace out for now!~✌💙

1112 words