Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen: Getting Caught Cold-Breathed

Max Thunderman POV

"Where do you guys think Cat is?" Billy asked Phoebe, Nora, and I.

"I don't know," Phoebe answered, "But she has been gone for an awfully long time."

"Do you think something happened to her?" Nora asked.

"Probably, if she's been gone for this long," I replied.

Then all of the sudden, Phoebe stopped in her tracks.

"What is it, Phoebe?" Billy, Nora, and I asked.

"O-oh my gosh," Phoebe stammered, "W-what if it was that Nora girl?"

Nora cocked her head. "What are you talking about, Phoebe? I'm Nora!"

"No, no. Another Nora!"

"Another Nora?" We asked Phoebe, confused.

"Yes! Nora Dershlit!" Phoebe exclaimed, "Cat brought her up and when she did, it seemed like Sam got a little nervous and didn't want us to know about her. Maybe Nora Dershlit took Cat!"

I laughed. "That's ridiculous, Phoebe."

"It's not going to be ridiculous, once I prove to you that I'm right."

I laughed again. "Why would you even want to be right, Phoebe?"

Phoebe thought for a moment about what she said. "I don't... I just... Aagh! Just keep on walking!"

"Where are we?" Billy asked us.

We were about ten blocks away from Sam and Cat's apartment complex in the middle of who knows where.

"I don't know, just keep on looking," I told Billy.

"Oh my gosh!" Nora gasped, "How dare someone steal my beautiful name!"

We all turned around to see why Nora had gasped. We all gasped. Phoebe might actually be right! Standing right in front of us, there was a poster taped to a telephone pole. There was just enough light from the street light right on the corner of the street to see it.

The poster read, "WANTED: NORA DERSHLIT REWARD: $20,000," in huge black print.

On the poster, it had this girl's face on it. She was a teenager with brown hair and brown eyes. Also, her whole entire face looked really psychotic.

"See, what did I tell you Max?" Phoebe gloated.

"Pfffttt! That means nothing!" I argued, "That doesn't mean that she kidnapped Cat!"

"That is true, but I have strange feeling that she took her."

I gulped. "Me too. I just don't like it when you're right."

"Why do you even care if I'm right or not? Finding Cat is way more important than that!"

"Cat and that!" Billy laughed, "That rhymes!"

"Not now, Billy!" Phoebe, Nora, and I shouted.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Let's just keep on looking," I told everybody.

"Thank you!" Phoebe exclaimed sarcastically.

A few seconds later, I felt this tingly feeling. My eyes turned blue and the shape of a lightning bolt appeared in the center of my pupils.

"Ph-Phoebe?" I stammered.

"Y-you f-feel it t-too?" Phoebe stammered. I nodded.

"What are you guys talking about?" Nora asked us, "What's going on?"